OT: Kroger gas

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Never again. Put half a tank of Kroger gas in my truck and it hardly ran. Thought I was going to have to pump my tank

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
What station, what city? I've run nothing but Krogers gas for a long as I can remember.

All tanks accumulate water in the sump, it's imperative that the station check the water accumulation and periodically pump it out.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Surely there's a petroleum engineer reading this that can explain why their gas is so nasty.

Lake harbor Ridgeland

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I get Costco out of convenience. It's right by my house and it's the only gas station without having to cross the interstate.
same, mostly Costco but occassionally Sams. No one can tell me that Costco gas is not better. It clearly is.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I get Costco out of convenience. It's right by my house and it's the only gas station without having to cross the interstate. Thanks @Darryl Steight
The price is always right on Costco gas. My only drawback is they don't have apple pay or tap to pay at mine. Really gives me the red ***. First world problems...

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The price is always right on Costco gas. My only drawback is they don't have apple pay or tap to pay at mine. Really gives me the red ***. First world problems...
They have it here and works great with Apple Pay and Google Pay. But you have to insert your Costco physical card first. I know. FWP.

Reactions: aTotal360

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Never again. Put half a tank of Kroger gas in my truck and it hardly ran. Thought I was going to have to pump my tank
I used to have an Acura TL, which required premium only. The only time or two I’d forget, the engine light would come on and it would take a long to for it to fully reset.

I filled up with Kroger premium once and the same shìt happened. Never did again in the Acura. I haven’t had any problems with it in my truck that can uses regular. But, it can’t be cheaper than most around for no reason.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I worked pumping gas back in 1981. Premium was very different then. Our Amaco premium ran about 103 octane. I have no idea what the current premium is like, I may be wrong, but gas seems a lot different now than it used to be

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
They have it here and works great with Apple Pay and Google Pay. But you have to insert your Costco physical card first. I know. FWP.
Costco gas stations allows you to scan your card in the app now

Reactions: onewoof

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Yall might have already heard of it, but if not lemme put you on some game... the costco credit card. 4% back on gas, 3% at restaurants and travel, an extra 2% at costco, no fee, and it doubles as your costco card.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yall might have already heard of it, but if not lemme put you on some game... the costco credit card. 4% back on gas, 3% at restaurants and travel, an extra 2% at costco, no fee, and it doubles as your costco card.

No question that Costco rocks. Going to feed the family tonight for $15, plus fill up the tank and get some toilet paper

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

I'm the weirdo that doesn't have a CC.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
They have it here and works great with Apple Pay and Google Pay. But you have to insert your Costco physical card first. I know. FW
No question that Costco rocks. Going to feed the family tonight for $15, plus fill up the tank and get some toilet paper
Sounds like a fun Friday night!

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I've been working the Kroger Fuel Points gimmick for years and never had a problem.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014

👆This guy listened to Clark Howard **

fedxdog

Dec 7, 2008
Costco sells so much gas that their tanks are constantly being emptied and filled. Seems a good situation to avoid water building up. My station south of Germantown, TN is expanding too.

maroontide06

Dec 14, 2023
Down here in Nicholson we have a Love’s with a Bojangles and I get 10 cents off a gallon with the Loves Connect App. It’s free and once you sign up you just have to enter your phone number instead of pulling out your phone and scanning the barcode. I never thought we would get something like that in Nicholson, but I’m glad we have it.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
I've been buying Kroger and Walmart gas in the Memphis Metro area for about 40+ years with no issues whatsoever. You may want to or should have had that tank of gas pumped out and examined for water. Possibly may have a bad underground tank they'd need to know about.

SixtInning

Apr 30, 2014
I'm big on the Kroger fuel points, too. Big purchase coming at Home Depot, target, Amazon, etc? Buy Gift cards at Kroger and use like cash. Works best when Kroger is running 4x points promo.

I also like when the retailer / restaurant has a point system. Chick-fil-A for example, I only use GCs through the app. Cfa app points, gas points, and Amex points, all generated from one purchase.

here's my best effort - the stations in memphis/ ms let you take a dollar off per gallon. I found one in Knoxville that had no cap on rewards, and I was sitting on a boatload of points.

Attachments

• IMG_5079.jpeg
    IMG_5079.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: trob115

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
This past week in West Point a supply truck filled a stations gas tank up with diesel. Could have been worse, could have been the other way around.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login