OT: Kroger gas

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
same, mostly Costco but occassionally Sams. No one can tell me that Costco gas is not better. It clearly is.
Do you have both a Costco and a Sam’s membership?
I wish there was either closer to me. I do shop Sam’s website sometimes through a family member.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Do you have both a Costco and a Sam’s membership?
I wish there was either closer to me. I do shop Sam’s website sometimes through a family member.
Yes and it's worth it for us for both. Different products at Costco. Less madness. Go at 7pm

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I'm the weirdo that doesn't have a CC.
Whoa! Interesting.

Do you instead use a debit card to make purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants? Or cash?

Don't tell me you write checks.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
I had a vw touareg that didn't like Kroger's gas. My mechanic even told me NOT to use the Kroger pumps because they were ****.
Got rid of said vw touareg and drive an Infiniti now. No issues and still use Kroger (had $.99/gallon off last time). ;-)

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I had a vw touareg that didn't like Kroger's gas. My mechanic even told me NOT to use the Kroger pumps because they were ****.
Got rid of said vw touareg and drive an Infiniti now. No issues and still use Kroger (had $.99/gallon off last time). ;-)
Some vehicles run on corn better than others it seems

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Yall might have already heard of it, but if not lemme put you on some game... the costco credit card. 4% back on gas, 3% at restaurants and travel, an extra 2% at costco, no fee, and it doubles as your costco card.

Last weekend at costco, I lamented about the days it was an actual business to business deal. Now, yes, you can get $5 rotisserie chicken....but a damn strong number of items are either the same price as retail or just under but require purchasing of the barrel size vat. My mom is still a sucker for this sort of buying and she live alone, yet will have the largest items in her fridge and freezer. I'm dreading the day she passes because everything is going to have to be pitched.

Reactions: dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Last weekend at costco, I lamented about the days it was an actual business to business deal. Now, yes, you can get $5 rotisserie chicken....but a damn strong number of items are either the same price as retail or just under but require purchasing of the barrel size vat. My mom is still a sucker for this sort of buying and she live alone, yet will have the largest items in her fridge and freezer. I'm dreading the day she passes because everything is going to have to be pitched.
Totally agree - on some things, you can buy 1/4 as much for the same or a better price at the krogers

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Totally agree - on some things, you can buy 1/4 as much for the same or a better price at the krogers
I was a loyal Kroger shopper for about 25 years, till they built the WalMart Neighborhood Market in Starksville. Their prices are so much better than Krogers are that I changed. The meat selection isn't as good and seafood is non existent so I'm forced occasionally to go to the Krogers but its rare.

I have a Capital One WalMart Master Card too that I can get 5% cash back on Walmart.com items with and 2 or 3% back on everything else as well as .03c/gal off gas but WalMart and Capital One had a spat and that card is going away in September.

Reactions: dorndawg

BluffParkDawg

Aug 22, 2012
They have it here and works great with Apple Pay and Google Pay. But you have to insert your Costco physical card first. I know. FWP.
Ours in Hoover/Birmingham allows you to scan the QR code on your membership screen in the Costco app. Which works great for me since my son keeps my card for when he needs gas.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Ours in Hoover/Birmingham allows you to scan the QR code on your membership screen in the Costco app. Which works great for me since my son keeps my card for when he needs gas.
and it charges your credit card on file?

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
All the gas comes out the same for octane levels or ethanol. Each brand has their own proprietary chemicals they add. Kroger, wlmart, Costco all buy whoever is cheapest that day.

If the gas truck is their delivering don't stop there, It stirs the gunk and water up in the bottom.

Reactions: onewoof
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login