OT: Last night I watched a movie by the director of Aliens..

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
All I will say is.. Holy shizz, how did they film that and when can watch it again on a big screen? While it's all amazing to watch, the last our is on a level I don't think I've ever seen from a movie.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Is the writing better this time around? I tried rewatching the original Avatar again and couldn't make it through it was so bad. I guess you take away the 3D and it's not nearly as impressive.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Climate Change Fire GIF by University of Alaska Fairbanks

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
I'm sure it's a visual marvel, but the script for the first Avatar was so dumb I walked out of the theater annoyed. It was a gorgeous film but every character acted in the dumbest way possible.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Terminator 2 was one of the most immersive movies I can remember for its time

That being said, he is in production with Avatar 3, Avatar 4 and Avatar 5. Every 2 years until 2028 we will have a blue man movie that helps us question our evil ways.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Terminator 2 was one of the most immersive movies I can remember for its time

That being said, he is in production with Avatar 3, Avatar 4 and Avatar 5. Every 2 years until 2028 we will have a blue man movie that helps us question our evil ways.
Maybe not. They are going to wait to see what avatar to Dyas first. Apparently it has become one of the top grossing movies of all time just to make a mild profit.

Reactions: onewoof

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
All I will say is.. Holy shizz, how did they film that and when can watch it again on a big screen? While it's all amazing to watch, the last our is on a level I don't think I've ever seen from a movie.
Alita, Battle Angel??? Or Bighead Terminator 2? I'm not a big Avatar fan like a lot of folks so I'm hoping that it wasn't Avatar 2, Way of Water.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
That's because you had already seen Avatar in a slightly different visual form:
I moved from a tiny town in Tennessee to Jackson when I was 13 after my parents got divorced. My uncle took me to see dances with wolves on Thanksgiving day at the theater by North Park. At the time that theater was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. I will always like dances with wolves, probably more than I should because of that memory. And yes, avatar is dance with wolves with blue Indians and Mech suits. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

criminal minds film GIF by Arrow Video

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Is the writing better this time around? I tried rewatching the original Avatar again and couldn't make it through it was so bad. I guess you take away the 3D and it's not nearly as impressive.
I went over 10 years before I watched the first one. Had seen all the Disneyworld stuff and remembered the hype from when it came out, but never had a clue what it was about.

Cannot tell you how disappointing it was to finally see it.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I went over 10 years before I watched the first one. Had seen all the Disneyworld stuff and remembered the hype from when it came out, but never had a clue what it was about.

Cannot tell you how disappointing it was to finally see it.
There has never been a movie so amazing to watch in the theaters that is so bad at home. Never

Reactions: msstatelp1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login