Water Dawg

Aug 22, 2012
The Burning Tree - Dynastopia & comet hits the earth "stuff" by Artiaian

40hrs - I travel a lot

one more - Mad Mick series by Horton --- very very good

Last edited:

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
I am planning a long road trip later this year and have a few credits on Audible and am looking for some good listens on the trip.

I love Michael Crichton and Tom Clancy, The Potter books, the Hobbit books, and have read all those, I really liked The Martian. I have read Steven King, a few James Patterson, and Dan Brown (though his books are a little illogical and not strong in the story). I listened to the Lincoln Lawyer on my last road trip and was a little disappointed.

So I am looking for something that I and my wife could listen to. Mystery, Fantasy, Sci-Fi would be the main genres.
For SciFi, have you read any Orson Scott Card? I believe he's the only person to have won a Hugo Award and a Nebula Award in consecutive years, winning both awards for his novel Ender's Game and its sequel Speaker for the Dead.

He also wrote a few horror books, including Lost Boys. It's a well written book.

A great option for Fantasy genre is The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, a series of ten high fantasy novels written by American author Stephen R. Donaldson. The series began as a trilogy, entitled The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever. This was followed by another trilogy, The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, and finally a tetralogy, The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.

I've only read the first trilogy and I thought those books were fantastic. I had forgotten about them for decades until this thread reminded me, so I'll have to re-read and then read the 2nd & 3rd series.

Last edited: