OT- Madison Vs Brandon / Followup

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012
No matter where you picked, you’d be fine - Madison or rankin. It’s just based on where you feel comfortable. Welcome to the area!

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You jump in this thread to make a cynical statement about a Ms. town then won't tell us where you live yourself . Excuse my French but that seems kinda chicken **** to me.

Just saw this was still active.

- Sure I jumped into this thread, just like everyone who has posted jumped into it. Same for the initial thread about Madison vs Brandon. Not sure why its worth mentioning how I came upon this thread since its how everyone posts- One person starts the thread then literally all subsequent posts are replies.

- I did not open this thread with the intent of making a cynical comment. I read the thread and the narrative that Madison wont allow a bowling alley really stuck out to me, so I commented. I didnt make the initial cynical statement, I replied to a cynical comment. If you dislike my comment, go cry about the comments before it that focus on Madison not wanting a bowling alley.

- Where I live has no bearing on this thread. I will say that I live in a city and metro where bowling alleys are allowed to exist.

- It is unfortunate that you feel my response is chicken ****, but you also think that me saying I would hesitate to live in a town that feels a bowling alley is too dangerous means I live in a perfect town. I really dont feel like giving details to someone who draws such conclusions.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

- Sure I jumped into this thread, just like everyone who has posted jumped into it. Same for the initial thread about Madison vs Brandon. Not sure why its worth mentioning how I came upon this thread since its how everyone posts- One person starts the thread then literally all subsequent posts are replies.

- I did not open this thread with the intent of making a cynical comment. I read the thread and the narrative that Madison wont allow a bowling alley really stuck out to me, so I commented. I didnt make the initial cynical statement, I replied to a cynical comment. If you dislike my comment, go cry about the comments before it that focus on Madison not wanting a bowling alley.

- Where I live has no bearing on this thread. I will say that I live in a city and metro where bowling alleys are allowed to exist.

- It is unfortunate that you feel my response is chicken ****, but you also think that me saying I would hesitate to live in a town that feels a bowling alley is too dangerous means I live in a perfect town. I really dont feel like giving details to someone who draws such conclusions.

Excuse me?? I, for one, slid into this thread as smoothly as I slide into DMs.*

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Bowling alleys do exist in the Jackson metro area, just not gonna happen in Madison apparently. Of all the things about Madison that would send people over the edge, I wouldn’t think it would be the lack of a bowling alley. I think most that live in Madison are ok with it being basically a bedroom community.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Is the boating good on Lake Caroline? Only time I've been out there is was just covered up with boats and there couldn't have been 10% of the boats on lift in the water. And they were still selling off more water front lots and also were just about finished building a wet storage marina for people that don't live on the water. Certainly nice for cruising around in a pontoon boat, but there were people trying to ski and tube that were really putting a lot of faith in the other people running their boats around them because it was so crowded.

That was on a Saturday in the summer with nice weather, so maybe it's good on the afternoon after work or early in the morning or something, I was just surprised by how many boats there were.

That's a pretty small body of water to try tubing or skiing on busy days, best head to the big water for that. Too many people with powerful boats that don't know how to safely operate them, and that's not even considering the drunk captains behind the wheel.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
That's a pretty small body of water to try tubing or skiing on busy days, best head to the big water for that. Too many people with powerful boats that don't know how to safely operate them, and that's not even considering the drunk captains behind the wheel.

I played golf there for the first time this weekend. I was amazed at the elaborate boat slips for a small lake. Those were nicer boat slips than I have seen in most places in Arkansas (on much nicer and much larger lakes) and Pickwick. Maybe lake Hamilton in Hot Springs is comparable but gezzzz. Lake Caroline folks spent some money on those.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I played golf there for the first time this weekend. I was amazed at the elaborate boat slips for a small lake. Those were nicer boat slips than I have seen in most places in Arkansas (on much nicer and much larger lakes) and Pickwick. Maybe lake Hamilton in Hot Springs is comparable but gezzzz. Lake Caroline folks spent some money on those.

Concur. I wonder if they transport them to other bodies of water from time to time or the boats permanently "live" on Caroline? Very nice, but small body of water.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

Spending a lot slip/boathouse on a lake that's less than 1000 acres seems... questionable.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login