Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
  • Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Dawgfan61

Mar 2, 2008
For saying the n word while reading rap lyrics. Dumb mistake, but as much live content as they do, I surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more often.

Brandon Walker has done well, let's hope he continues to make us proud.

Such bull crap. Double standard today for sure.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
One day, hopefully soon, we’re going to look back on this time in history and be embarrassed about the lives that were ruined because of innocent mistakes. Corporations are regularly capitulating to the loudest 2% of Twitter (re: idiots) and being ultra reactive so as to show the world how tolerant and morally superior they are.

TLDR: Mintz 17ed up, it was an accident, he knew it immediately, doesn’t matter, career ruined. Ridiculous.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
$PENN stock is down 9% today, they messed with the stoolies.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
There has been a double standard for centuries. Just not the way you are thinking.
Over It Ugh GIF by NBPA

Dawgfan61

Mar 2, 2008
There has been a double standard for centuries. Just not the way you are thinking.
Mintz(age unknown) was most likely NOT ALIVE in all the previous centuries. But sure, cancel him and his livelihood for repeating something most likely an african american wrote.

Barbie Basset says something that Snoop Dogg says at every opportunity that she doesn't even know what it means in an effort to be "cool" and she loses her job.

But yeah these two incidents will help correct all the sins of the past. Do you feel paid back yet Dawgzilla? Just let me know what we can do today to make up for all the mistakes of the past.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Mintz(age unknown) was most likely NOT ALIVE in all the previous centuries. But sure, cancel him and his livelihood for repeating something most likely an african american wrote.

Barbie Basset says something that Snoop Dogg says at every opportunity that she doesn't even know what it means in an effort to be "cool" and she loses her job.

But yeah these two incidents will help correct all the sins of the past. Do you feel paid back yet Dawgzilla? Just let me know what we can do today to make up for all the mistakes of the past.
reparations

• Haha
Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

The 'government pulling our gambling license' sounds like a scapegoat and a strawman. Is Portnoy so impotent in his own company now? I get that he sold the company, but I feel like he could have kept Mintz if he wanted to.

Reactions: FQDawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Barbie Basset has said multiple things over the last couple of years. She should have known better by now.

Reactions: FQDawg and Dawgg

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Barbie Basset has said multiple things over the last couple of years. She should have known better by now.
It’s pretty simple… just don’t say something that you have no idea what it means.

I learned this lesson the hard way thanks to my older brother. I over heard him and some of his friends call some one w cock sucker one day. I was young and had no idea what it meant but I called my brother a cock sucker in front of my mom shortly after that. After that day I learned to understand what something means before I decide to say it.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
For saying the n word while reading rap lyrics. Dumb mistake, but as much live content as they do, I surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more often.

Brandon Walker has done well, let's hope he continues to make us proud.

Brandon f'd up really bad recently though. From what I gathered, he said high noon tastes like **** or it sucks, something to that effect, on a hot mic. High Noon, his podcasts sponsor, dropped them.

• Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Playing my advocate here but there are certain simple rules for life. One of these should always be if your white just do not use that word. I know, I know, but he was just reading it or this is being taken out of context. Unfortunately none of that matters so the simple and easy rule is again if you are white just delete that word from your vocabulary.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Brandon f'd up really bad recently though. From what I gathered, he said high noon tastes like **** or it sucks, something to that effect, on a hot mic. High Noon, his podcasts sponsor, dropped them.
dang! Didn't know that. It is funny seeing him have to take the shot of Proper 12 on the College Football Show.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

I disagree with Barbie being fired (for either of her infractions), but with the blow up over the grand mammy comment, she should have learned to just stick with the script and say nothing that a 60 year old woman on TV wouldn't normally say.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Why the hell can’t both things be right? White people don’t say the N-word. And he didn’t need to be canceled because of the mistake. Also, white people arguing that it’s OK for them to say the n word because Black people do will always be one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Why the hell can’t both things be right? White people don’t say the N-word. And he didn’t need to be canceled because of the mistake. Also, white people arguing that it’s OK for them to say the n word because Black people do will always be one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.
This. I don't know the guy or anything about him. But from what I've read, it sounds like he was caught up in the moment and made an honest mistake that should have been covered by a sincere apology (which I'm assuming he made).

But, it also seems like there's an element of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" at work here, too.

Reactions: Dawgg and 17itdawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Playing my advocate here but there are certain simple rules for life. One of these should always be if your white just do not use that word. I know, I know, but he was just reading it or this is being taken out of context. Unfortunately none of that matters so the simple and easy rule is again if you are white just delete that word from your vocabulary.
This is pretty much it. Right or wrong, the word is different depending on the race of the mouth it comes from. Not sure firing was the answer though.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Fired for reading a word, most likely written by a minority and performed regularly by a minority, to thousands of people. But he read it aloud. He only read it aloud, let that sink in
It sank in years ago for most people. My kids fully understand it- you simply dont say the word. At all. Ever. No context is justifiable.

Whether that reality is good for society or bad for society is certainly debatable, and you are for sure one who clearly cares enough to want it to be a debated issue. In the end though, its simple- just dont say the word at all. Call it a double standard and complain about it to your friends while hunting or playing golf, if you really feel it necessary to die on that hill. Or, just accept that not everyone lives with the same rules as everyone else and this is just one of many examples of that reality. Many inconsistencies/double standards benefit you, I am sure. This one doesnt benefit you, but it also doesnt hurt you, and yet I fully believe you get all frothed up and in a tizzy when it is brought up.

FTR- I dont think firing him is how the incident should be handled.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Literally the perfect place for this

That show was funny, entertaining, confusing, and surreal.
It was really odd sometimes, and a couple story arcs lasted too long, but it was still worth the watch.

Dawgfan61

Mar 2, 2008
I know the acceptable answer. He or any other white person saying it intentionally or not should just be shot on the spot. That would be "equitable".

Its just a word, no one deserves to lose their job over any of this. We have to be more forgiving --all races-- if we truly want to live in a non-racist society. Thing is, I don't think we really do want to move past it. Our society loves outrage on both sides.

Reactions: 11thEagleFan

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I know the acceptable answer. He or any other white person saying it intentionally or not should just be shot on the spot. That would be "equitable".

Its just a word, no one deserves to lose their job over any of this. We have to be more forgiving --all races-- if we truly want to live in a non-racist society. Thing is, I don't think we really do want to move past it. Our society loves outrage on both sides.
I am not trying to argue with you. And on some existential level you are right. Unfortunately. as stated earlier, that is simply not the world we live in right or wrong. Maybe it is because that word has 400 years of slavery associated with it. Maybe it because the kinds of emotions that it brings forward I do not know. I do know if you are white and in the media, as this man was, using that word in any context means losing your job. It also means that in a great deal of other careers as well. Is that fair? No, but as I was told as a little Devil the world is not fair.

Reactions: Dawgg

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
It sank in years ago for most people. My kids fully understand it- you simply dont say the word. At all. Ever. No context is justifiable.

Whether that reality is good for society or bad for society is certainly debatable, and you are for sure one who clearly cares enough to want it to be a debated issue. In the end though, its simple- just dont say the word at all. Call it a double standard and complain about it to your friends while hunting or playing golf, if you really feel it necessary to die on that hill. Or, just accept that not everyone lives with the same rules as everyone else and this is just one of many examples of that reality. Many inconsistencies/double standards benefit you, I am sure. This one doesnt benefit you, but it also doesnt hurt you, and yet I fully believe you get all frothed up and in a tizzy when it is brought up.

FTR- I dont think firing him is how the incident should be handled.

I'm onboard with your post. I'm curious though if you apply this same logic to other hot button Equity type issues.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Da Baby not only says that word, but he murdered someone. Helped propel his career.

I couldn't begin to guess how many have been fired for uttering a certain phuckin word.

Enes Freedom was surgically removed from the NBA speaking truth about human rights nightmares in China. Buncha got damn hypocrites.

FYI, employees of the WWE better not speak a single phuckin negative word about Saudi Arabia, or some sheik will perform a wrestler-ectomy with swiftness.

Free speech has become a former right we've decided to give away for the right money.

I understand that terrible, awful, vulgar word is so horribly taboo it can't be uttered by humans with melatonin levels on the lower end of the spectrum in any context, ever. Makes sense. What I don't understand is how millions of people can listen and dance to the same word that gets blasted in my ear every time I fill up my SUV. God forbid someone video me mindlessly singing along with that garbage. I'm canceled. Also makes sense.
Thank you Cardi B for teaching me all about ripping off johns and how wet vaginas can get. That's the kind of speech we must keep and defend. I think I'll write a follow up to WAP with a bluegrass ballad entitled "WSP" (White Scaly Penis)

Dawgfan61

Mar 2, 2008
I'm onboard with your post. I'm curious though if you apply this same logic to other hot button Equity type issues.
I don't know about any other hot button Equity type issues. I just think its wrong for someone to lose their job over a word, period. The fact that it was so obviously a mistake and he was contrite right away should at least have some bearing. Its not like he was a grand wizard of the KKK spewing hate speech and advocating for violence.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Da Baby not only says that word, but he murdered someone. Helped propel his career.

I couldn't begin to guess how many have been fired for uttering a certain phuckin word.

Enes Freedom was surgically removed from the NBA speaking truth about human rights nightmares in China. Buncha got damn hypocrites.

FYI, employees of the WWE better not speak a single phuckin negative word about Saudi Arabia, or some sheik will perform a wrestler-ectomy with swiftness.

Free speech has become a former right we've decided to give away for the right money.

I understand that terrible, awful, vulgar word is so horribly taboo it can't be uttered by humans with melatonin levels on the lower end of the spectrum in any context, ever. Makes sense. What I don't understand is how millions of people can listen and dance to the same word that gets blasted in my ear every time I fill up my SUV. God forbid someone video me mindlessly singing along with that garbage. I'm canceled. Also makes sense.
Thank you Cardi B for teaching me all about ripping off johns and how wet vaginas can get. That's the kind of speech we must keep and defend. I think I'll write a follow up to WAP with a bluegrass ballad entitled "WSP" (White Scaly Penis)
Mintz is not in jail for saying the word… his free speech is protected from a legal standpoint. That’s as far as free speech has ever gone.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023

Barbie is an idiot that doesn’t know how to shut her mouth.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I don't know about any other hot button Equity type issues. I just think its wrong for someone to lose their job over a word, period. The fact that it was so obviously a mistake and he was contrite right away should at least have some bearing. Its not like he was a grand wizard of the KKK spewing hate speech and advocating for violence.

Not sure if you meant to reply to my post or not?

Agree-shouldn't have said it

Agree-shouldn't be a firing offense when there is no ill intent and sincere apology

Agree-different people live by different rules and thus have different outcomes which is WHY you CAN'T socially engineer Equity.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login