OT: MS Gulf Coast Restaurants

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Tarantos is a hole in the wall, but good Shrimp Po-boys.
That was going to be my suggestion. Middle of nowhere in Woolmarket and is always packed, which speaks for itself.

Everything there is good and they have the best crawfish on the coast during the season.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Bbq at Salt pepper oak in back of Diamondhead. Limited hours and they typically sell out early, plan accordingly. Prices are high as giraffe ***** unfortunately.
That must be new. When I visited my in laws in diamondhead we used to get pizza and wings from joes. Don't recall a bbq joint being right there too. But I haven't been to diamondhead since last September.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
That must be new. When I visited my in laws in diamondhead we used to get pizza and wings from joes. Don't recall a bbq joint being right there too. But I haven't been to diamondhead since last September.
It's a little new, been there a few months maybe a year. It's just up the road from Uncle Joe's, used to be Cuevas 2 restaurant for a bit.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Twin Peaks in D'iberville has the trashiest servers I've seen in awhile, so it's my go to.
I used to live in Biloxi and would go to the D’Iberville Walmart during the summer months just to people watch. It was the closest Walmart to the beach at the time. A ton of the rough people from all over MS, Ark, and Louisiana who had come to the beautiful Biloxi beaches** for vacation would be in there shopping. They could have had a People of Walmart page for that one store.

I have been in the Twin Peaks you’re talking about that is right across from Walmart. They may have taken some of the Walmart shoppers and given them jobs.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
Phoenicia Gourmet at 1223 Government Street in Ocean Springs is a good Greek restaurant. Get the Chicken Shawarma but it’s all good.

Reactions: Scottfield1

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Years ago I always thought Playboy should have a "Women of D'Iberville" issue. Or did Hustler do one? Surprised Mayor Pete did think of that for Biloxi.
I should move to D'Iberville

SouthMsDawg02

Oct 2, 2023
Lady May in Oceans Springs is also supposed to be really good but haven’t eaten there yet.
It’s really good. Their beef shank, burgers and white bbq chicken sandwiches are great. It has a great brunch and is always packed.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
I’ll echo these as well: Half Shell, Brooklyn Pizza and Tarantos.

I enjoy the food at Fat Baby and Alises in Biloxi. It was previously Fayard’s on Pop’s Ferry road but changed their name a few years ago. Great gas station seafood. I mostly get their poboy but they serve just about anything.

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
Best Po-Boy I've found is Pirates Cove in Pass Christian.
I'm guessing you haven't been lately. And by lately I mean in the last 5 years or so. That place is awful now. There was a time I would agree with you, but that time is long gone.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
New/old place in Ocean Springs..... Trilby's. Was open back in the 70s/80s and recently reopened. Very good.

LongRanger

Oct 1, 2023
You are entitled to your opinion, but you must one of the only people that feel that way. When I’m downtown in the mornings there is line out the door, waiting to get in.
If it wasn’t considered a “trendy” place, it would be out of business. The food is just not good. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it lol.

• Haha
Reactions: GulfDawg

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
I’ll echo these as well: Half Shell, Brooklyn Pizza and Tarantos.

I enjoy the food at Fat Baby and Alises in Biloxi. It was previously Fayard’s on Pop’s Ferry road but changed their name a few years ago. Great gas station seafood. I mostly get their poboy but they serve just about anything.
There have been multiple owners since Fat Boys years ago.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Dan B’s in The Pass - recommend roast beef poboy
Chimneys in GPT - tuna steak
Waffle House in GPT on Hwy 90 next to old children’s museum- best view
Rackhouse - I’ve had hit/miss experience. Lamb Lollipops FTW
Brooklyns or Sarduccis Pizza

I’m kinda disappointed that none of you degenerates have mentioned Kelly’s Sports Pub next to Fishbone Alley in downtown GPT. Guinness on draft and the bar maids wear short plaid skirts and corset tops

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Bay St. Louis has some good restaurants. I've always liked Trapani's.
Got the best fish taco ever at Trapani's. They used triple tail. In the past I used to always get their shrimp poboy which is also good.

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
What do you guys recommend for best local food spots in and around Gulfport?
In gulfport I'd sit at the bar @ 1/2 shell and order appetizers (and wine), can't beat the service.

In Ocean Springs I'd walk past Lady May and go directly to Mason De Lu. Lunch and Dinner have completely different menus (its literally like two diff. restaurants). Again, sit at the bar.

Reactions: TimberBeast
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login