OT: Music of the country variety

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
View attachment 376411

Gosh I must have misunderstood what you were saying and thought the complete opposite and disagree vehemently. My mistake.
You disagree that the Pro- American Christians are in control?

White Christian men hold 62 percent of all elected offices despite being just 30 percent of the population.... 90% of the Fortune 500 CEOs are white males.... That is the definition of the establishment...

I'm also insulted that you seem to think you have to be Christian to be Pro-America...

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
You disagree that the Pro- American Christians are in control?

White Christian men hold 62 percent of all elected offices despite being just 30 percent of the population.... 90% of the Fortune 500 CEOs are white males.... That is the definition of the establishment...

I'm also insulted that you seem to think you have to be Christian to be Pro-America...
Don't be insulted. I didn't say you 'have' to be Christian to be pro-America. I do think Judeo-Christian values closely align with America's founding principles, so draw what conclusions you will from that.

And yes, I do disagree that pro-American Christians (and by that I mean actual Christ-followers, not "professed Christians") are in control of this country. That is patently obvious to me. Maybe you and I simply disagree on who the leaders of the country are, but a local elected sheriff in rural Texas isn't leading the country. The White House, the noisemakers in Congress, the media, social elites... I imagine the "white Christian men" percentage goes waaaaay down. But thanks for the stats anyway.

Last edited:

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Don't be insulted. I didn't say you 'have' to be Christian to be pro-America. I do think Judeo-Christian values closely align with America's founding principles, so draw what conclusions you will from that.

And yes, I do disagree that pro-American Christians (and by that I mean actual Christ-followers, not "professed Christians") are in control of this country. That is patently obvious to me. Maybe you and I simply disagree on who the leaders of the country are, but a local elected sheriff in rural Texas isn't leading the country. The White House, the noisemakers in Congress, the media, social elites... I imagine the "white Christian men" percentage goes waaaaay down. But thanks for the stats anyway.
If only there were a way to look that up...

87.8% of Congress is Christian.

Both Biden and Harris are Christian and Biden goes to Mass every week. in the Cabinet, the following are Christian Lloyd Austin (secretary of defense); Deb Haaland (secretary of the interior); Xavier Becerra (secretary of health and human services); Tom Vilsack (secretary of agriculture); Gina Raimondo (secretary of commerce); Marty Walsh (secretary of labor); Denis McDonough (secretary of veterans affairs); Jennifer Granholm (secretary of energy); John Kerry (presidential envoy for climate), Marcia Fudge (secretary of housing and urban development), and Pete Buttigieg (secretary of transportation).

By my math this is higher than 62%...

"Media' and "Social Elites" are red herrings. They are not any more or less than in the past.

Judeo-Christian values were NOT part of the counties founding. most of the founders were Deists "Deists argued that human experience and rationality—rather than religious dogma and mystery—determine the validity of human beliefs. "

Also, I'll take their word for it. Says one of the Founding fathers...

John Adams (who was one of the more Orthodox Christian founders) said "the government of the United States, is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

My guess is What you are concerned about is how many people are leaving the church over the last 7 years... Wonder why that's happening...

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
My guess is What you are concerned about is how many people are leaving the church over the last 7 years... Wonder why that's happening...
It's been going on for longer than seven years.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the US have a higher percentage of Christians in the future but the likely reason of that increase is going to irritate a lot of religious right folks...

Immigration to the US by Christians from Central America and Asia

Reactions: ChE1997

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Saying you're pro-American, Christian, pro-police, etc. is the rebel/anti-establishment position now.
No need to be over the top or dramatic. If you honestly believe what you typed above, shut your laptop and stop listening to whatever radio/podcast/news you have been consuming.

Look at all the blowback Aldean has had over his song. It's the same in Hollywood, sports, etc. It took guts for Jonathan Isaac to stand up for the national anthem for example, because there's so much social pressure from the mainstream establishment/team ownership/social media to kneel. It's definitely been interesting.
What social pressure from team ownership or social media is there to kneel? I honestly dont keep track of any outrage stories that are written about some one off incident that is made to seem like its a widespread issue.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
It’ll be heralded as “groundbreaking” and “progressive” and he’ll get sales from people who ordinarily wouldn’t buy his stuff. Then when his traditional base doesn’t get onboard because they can’t relate to the progressive subject-matter, it’ll be determined that it’s due to “homophobia”. It’s a win-win for TC!
I’m not sure you get what his traditional base is. It definitely isn’t the pop country jusic lovers. It’s more in line with the Americana and even bleeds over into some the wsp/allman brothers crowd. Most won’t have a problem with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login