OT My Dad passed away last night

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
He was a member of the freshman football team in 1958. Dad 'transfered' to Co-Lin and played one season.. He played I'm the national juco Allstar game in Albuquerque in 1959,leading the East to a 14-6 win. He scored a TD and a 2pt conversion. He always said he outscored the West team by himself. He finshed at Delta State and is in the M Club and Co-Lin sports HOF.
Anyway, Dad reared 5 kids, made sure we all earned college degrees and love hunting and fishing. At 84 he lived a great life and will be missed.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He was a member of the freshman football team in 1958. Dad 'transfered' to Co-Lin and played one season.. He played I'm the national juco Allstar game in Albuquerque in 1959,leading the East to a 14-6 win. He scored a TD and a 2pt conversion. He always said he outscored the West team by himself. He finshed at Delta State and is in the M Club and Co-Lin sports HOF.
Anyway, Dad reared 5 kids, made sure we all earned college degrees and love hunting and fishing. At 84 he lived a great life and will be missed.

Very sorry for your loss.

A life well lived...

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Thank you all. We never had much money growing up, but mom and dad made sure we did not go without. Dad never missed any of our ballgames from the time we were all starting tball until we all graduated. We figured up it was well over 1,000 ball games over the years.
Damn. I know that pain. It sounds like he lived a great, full life. And always remember, he’s never really gone.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
My condolences. Hang in there brother. It has been 17 years since I lost my dad but I still remember how it feels God be with you.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Condolences my man. I’m sure he will be glad to hear Jack’s voice calling the game from above.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Sorry for your loss.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
So sorry for you and your family. We lost my Dad almost 3 years ago. For 2 years I would start a project and think about calling my Dad then I would remember he wasn't there. Remember all the good times and God Bless.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
So sorry for you and your family. We lost my Dad almost 3 years ago. For 2 years I would start a project and think about calling my Dad then I would remember he wasn't there. Remember all the good times and God Bless.
We sure will. His friends from CoLin and his HS days at Mendenhall tell some doozies! Of course, my brother and 3 sisters and I all have our favorites. As humble as he was while we were growing up, we couldn't believe some of the situations he and his friends got into in his younger days. Mostly good clean fun.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family. My pops passed last year. Time helps a bit, but watching the game without him is tough & weird.

Aug 22, 2012
Prayers

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Lost my Mom earlier in the year so I feel your pain. Take solace in knowing that your Dad apparently lived a long, fruitful life.

Imadick

Jan 18, 2009
So sorry for your loss. I’m soon to be 74 so my parents have been gone some time. I still miss them and think of them almost daily. Sounds like he and you and your siblings enjoyed much love. And that is the goal.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
Your dad sounds a lot like mine, went to every game and loved the school and people. Sounds like he had a great and full life, and glad he got to see us get a championship

raiderdoctor

Aug 3, 2019
Depart, O Christian soul, out of this world;
In the Name of God the Father Almighty who created you;
In the Name of Jesus Christ who redeemed you;
In the Name of the Holy Spirit who sanctifies you.
May your rest be this day in peace,
and your dwelling place in the Paradise of God

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Depart, O Christian soul, out of this world;
In the Name of God the Father Almighty who created you;
In the Name of Jesus Christ who redeemed you;
In the Name of the Holy Spirit who sanctifies you.
May your rest be this day in peace,
and your dwelling place in the Paradise of God
Peace be with you

Ddog

May 24, 2023
Blessings to you and your family…

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
Sorry for you and your family. Dad has been gone for 11 years now. Still miss him and think about him and what he would do or say at the oddest times, and whenever anything serious happens.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
November 9th will mark the 20th anniversary of me losing my dad suddenly. I still have the finest details of that etched into my memory in full HD. It gets easier, though. If I may offer one piece of advice. Don't let anybody tell you how you should grieve or tell you it's time to move on. You deal with this on your terms, on your time, and in your way. I am extremely sorry for your loss. You are, and will be, in my prayers.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login