OT: My Men's Final Four Experience

WanderingSpectator

All-Conference
Oct 12, 2021
657
1,115
93
I had the opportunity to take in several events during Final Four week. If you ever get a chance to go, do it. Unlike most other championship events that have a single game, the Final Four spreads out over multiple days with plenty of activities during the weekend.

I finally got around to writing up my experience.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bob78

CDLionFL

All-Conference
Oct 25, 2021
1,766
2,698
113
Good stuff. You definitely experienced a different side than most and you could get a full scope of everything, not just the games. The two years I've gone where I've gotten into the arena (went to 4 Final Fours as support media but only got in for the Friday practices), I was lucky to have a really good ticket situation and I wasn't forced to win a lottery to sit in the upper corner of the stadium. Now that the NCAA has gone to the football field alignment, I can't really see much allure of attending unless I get a sweetheart seat deal, which is a lot harder now than it was in 2006.
 

WanderingSpectator

All-Conference
Oct 12, 2021
657
1,115
93
Good stuff. You definitely experienced a different side than most and you could get a full scope of everything, not just the games. The two years I've gone where I've gotten into the arena (went to 4 Final Fours as support media but only got in for the Friday practices), I was lucky to have a really good ticket situation and I wasn't forced to win a lottery to sit in the upper corner of the stadium. Now that the NCAA has gone to the football field alignment, I can't really see much allure of attending unless I get a sweetheart seat deal, which is a lot harder now than it was in 2006.
Thanks. The last time I entered the lottery and was in the upper deck. I was near center court but essentially watched the game on the monitor. It's just too far away to enjoy the game from up there.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Live updates: Penn State-Northwestern score, stats, and notes from the new Ryan Field
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern injury reports: Who's out, questionable, for the Lions and Wildcats on game day?
  3. 03 BWI Football Printable Depth Chart for Penn State's trip to Northwestern
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State vs. Northwestern Tailgate Show
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern predictions: How are computer data systems and experts picking the Week 5 clash?