OT: Nashville

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I was in Nashville the weekend before last and met up with friends at Assembly Food Hall downtown.

If y’all like a variety of food and drink offerings with live music, it’s definitely worth considering.

Its interior design is superior to Jackson’s former Cultivation Food Hall— it’s larger and more open which meant no sensory overload headaches for me even with a large crowd inside.

(An aside: Nashville is the New Orleans of the Midwest. Most everyone from the Midwest visiting there scoffs at Snow & Ice and laughs at our concept of White Death™)

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Cook

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
One more rec:

Self promotion of a family member. My cousin is a James Beard award winner in Nashville but serves a version of Italian/Southern food that is both accessible and affordable.

He has won every award in Nashville from best bar program to best restaurant to best pizza

check him out.

Doghaus

Oct 7, 2017
I'm planning a family trip to Nashville for spring break the week of March 11. Never been there. It will be 4 adults over 21 years of age.

Looking for SPS recommendations for things to do, places to stay, places to eat, etc. We'll probably do a day trip to Lynchburg for a tour of the Jack Daniel's distillery, but other than that it's wide open.
The Hermitage is beautiful...the jack Daniels tour is great. Stay at Holiday inn Express on Broadway. You can walk to everything. Holiday inn Express has it's own parking garage

Doghaus

Oct 7, 2017
Does JD have a tasting room, other than the one for "Squires"? As a squire, I own 1 square inch of JD property and occasionally get some sort of funny letter from them about my plans for the property, zoning requests, etc.
You can add the tasting room on the jd tour. 4 different shots

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Well, we made it back from our Nashville vacation. Had a great time! Thanks for all the recommendations. We ended up doing downtown Nashville on Monday, tooling around Franklin Tuesday, Grand Ole Opry Tuesday night, Lynchburg and Jack Daniel distillery Wednesday, and the Bluebird Cafe Wednesday night. We really enjoyed the visit.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login