OT: Nice Haul Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
So my liquor store (the only one in town) is right next to the post office. So I have made a habit of stopping in everytime I go... Which has been a lot thanks to mailing all of those damn koozies. Most days it's nothing. But today was a good day.

The most recent Larceny Barrel Proof release was good enough. But a Caribou Crossing, Old Ezra Barrel Strength, Taylor Small Batch, Weller Full Proof and Weller 12 Year made it a hell of a day.

View attachment 22082

MS-halfstep

Jun 27, 2015
I 2nd that about the Ezra, really good.

Gonna need to get the coordinates on that store as I'll be driving through Idaho in month or so.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
Larceny is great, especially for the price
And you are lucky to find weller.

Related note, I got my dude coozie yesterday, cheers to you!!!

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Hit me up before you come through. I will send you the link to the website. It tells you where everything is. You might be able to rack up hitting different stores along your route.

ETA: here is the link. You can use the product search to find stuff these people don't even know is on allocation around the rest of the country.

https://mixblendenjoy.com/limited-availability-products/

Last edited:

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Haha. Wet stone. HotMop, you would be simultaneously the best and worst person to party with... Remind me of a guy I met at bachelor party. He was a blast until he got us kicked out of Platinum Plus for panhandling.

forestdepth

Feb 20, 2018
So my liquor store (the only one in town) is right next to the post office. So I have made a habit of stopping in everytime I go... Which has been a lot thanks to mailing all of those damn koozies. Most days it's nothing. But today was a good day.

The most recent Larceny Barrel Proof release was good enough. But a Caribou Crossing, Old Ezra Barrel Strength, Taylor Small Batch, Weller Full Proof and Weller 12 Year made it a hell of a day.

View attachment 22082

Wow. 12 year and full proof. Outstanding haul.

cfree3434

Jan 14, 2021
Mississippi sucks! You found some nice stuff man. Wish we could find some stuff like that around.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Using a trick I learned from fishing, when you catch some good ones in a nice spot, double back a little later on.

Went back today to see if anything else had come in and snagged a EC Toasted Barrel and another Russell's Reserve 13 year.

View attachment 22113

Last edited:

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Mississippi sucks! You found some nice stuff man. Wish we could find some stuff like that around.

I agree cfree. Does anyone in Mississippi ever find these bourbons?

I was feeling good about my stash until I see what all JLS is getting.

Currently my best are
Old Forester 1920
Four Roses single barrel (price keeps going up seems like it has almost double in the last 6 months WTF)
Elijah Craig barrel proof (got lucky)
Rare Breed
Kentucky Spirit (got in Florida)
Jefferson's Reserve
E H Taylor small batch (present someone got for me in Kentucky)
Woodford Double Oak
Knob Creek 9yr 100
Russells single barrel

forget getting
Weller
Stagg Jr
Blantons which I think is over rated
Bardstown
EC toasted barrel
Russells 13
Eagle Rare
etc

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I miss out on a lot of the smaller craft distilleries. Stuff like Bardstown, Barrel, Blue Note, Balcones, etc. But other than the massively popular Buffalo Trace products like Blanton's and Weller nobody up here has a clue about bourbon. I have picked up 3 bottles of Russell 13 for MSRP in the last week and half. That's crazy.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I miss out on a lot of the smaller craft distilleries. Stuff like Bardstown, Barrel, Blue Note, Balcones, etc. But other than the massively popular Buffalo Trace products like Blanton's and Weller nobody up here has a clue about bourbon. I have picked up 3 bottles of Russell 13 for MSRP in the last week and half. That's crazy.
Maybe I need to retire to Idaho. I need to start that thread in the offseason, best place to retire. I'm less than 3 years away from retiring from my current job. I probably wont leave Mississippi because of parents but my boys are in Alabama daughter is in Florida. I wouldn't mind moving and JLS is making a strong case for Idaho. Anyway good topic for the off season.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Thanks for the larceny recommendation. Picked some of that up tonight. Pretty good for the price.

bulldawg989

Dec 29, 2019

Currently my best are
Old Forester 1920
Four Roses single barrel (price keeps going up seems like it has almost double in the last 6 months WTF)
Rare Breed
Jefferson's Reserve
Woodford Double Oak
Knob Creek 9yr 100
Russells single barrel

forget getting
Weller
Stagg Jr
Bardstown
EC toasted barrel
Russells 13
Eagle Rare
etc

Those are allocated so you won't find them on the shelf. They're squirreled away in the back to be sold to loyal customers and many times above retail. My experience is you either spend a lot of money at a liquor store (other bourbon, wine, vodka, etc.) in order to become a loyal customer and earn the right to buy allocated bottles or you buy the on the secondary market for well above retail.

I've done both and it comes down to this, you will spend a lot of money for bourbon. Some are worth it, some are not.

cfree3434

Jan 14, 2021

Currently my best are
Old Forester 1920
Rare Breed
Jefferson's Reserve
Woodford Double Oak
Knob Creek 9yr 100
Russells single barrel

forget getting
Weller
Stagg Jr
Bardstown
EC toasted barrel
Russells 13
Eagle Rare
etc

I have a little honey hole I can find some buffalo trace products (BT, Eagle rare, and Blantons).
I have seen one weller in the wild and it was just the special reserve. Bardstown is actually starting to come in MS, but the others you mentioned are TOUGH to come by. If I ever travel through TN I usually find decent stuff. On the way back from Omaha, I stopped in a couple towns in TN and ended up picking up a Bardstown Discovery Series and an EH taylor Small Batch for a little over MSRP. They had some other stuff, but I'm just a broke teacher/coach and spent all my money in Omaha anyway!

Deen.sixpack

Sep 24, 2015
So what's the trick to Idaho now since they changed up the rules and aren't putting bottles/stores on the website anymore? Asking for a friend ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login