OT: "Nope"

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Whether you should see it or not? The answer lies in the movie's title.

HamSammich

Nov 9, 2016
If you wanted to see it after watching the trailer I don’t know what to say to you.

Preview looked all over the damn place.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
What’s it about? Aliens? Because that was my guess but knowing Jordan Peele it’s probably just some evil Republicans. Although I did think Get Out was excellent, I was less impressed with Us.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
What’s it about? Aliens? Because that was my guess but knowing Jordan Peele it’s probably just some evil Republicans. Although I did think Get Out was excellent, I was less impressed with Us.

Same schtick different movie?
M Knight Shamalongadingdong?

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Hard movie to describe without trespassing into spoilers. Ambitious in its aim, it falls well short of the mark on many levels by movie's end.

In short, the previews are the better than the movie, and the talented actors that are in it are underutilized. The idea is interesting but the movie fails to execute.

Imagine M Night Shamalayan and Stephen Spielberg collaborated on a movie and the final product wason the level of "Waterworld," "Gigli" or "Battlefield Earth"-- this is what we have here

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
It can’t be as bad as Candyman. I imagine the message is the same though

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If you wanted to see it after watching the trailer I don’t know what to say to you.

Preview looked all over the damn place.
I think people were still giving the benefit of the doubt from get out. Don’t think people liked us, but though get out was good enough that they were willing to give it a chance. Haven’t seen the first thing good about Nope.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I probably would’ve never watched or even heard of this movie until this thread. Now I have to watch it just to see if it’s as bad as everyone’s saying. Thanks

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login