OT: OT

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Having a ****** baseball program sucks. More and more OTs as each weekend series passes. Going to be a lot of lonnnnng few months on the board until August.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
This is where the spoilt rears it's head. I grew up a Mets and Jets fan and I watched and went to games come hell or high water. Would you boo at times and complain real loud, yeah. But you didn't give up. I was on two teams that went to the CWS and two that didn't. We tried just as hard each year. The last 20 games or so of the 1980 season really turned us around and setup 1981. Things started clicking personally and team wise. I hit 1 HR over the first 34 games and 7 over the last 20. It instilled confidence for the following season.

So don't give up on the team. Complain about them and even call for change, but keep pulling for them

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
First of all.... we may have 15-16k at the Saturday SBW game. Me and many others are looking for tickets and I don't see any sellers. I may have to pay $500 off stubhub for a chairback.

But what Bruce said.... this may be a tough year. However this team is loaded with young talent. They are going to gain some experience, get accumulated to SEC baseball this year and be very good next year and the next.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Playing my advocate here but I think there is no reason to give up I mean I have literally been to hell and back so I have seen worse. Plus I was at every home game under Croom so I have seen much worse when it relates to State. The reason for this post is that I have one major fear in regards to the baseball program, and this a genuine question I am concerned about. Yes we have great young talent but how much of it hits the transfer portal?

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Do we really have "great young talent?" And if so, how much greater is it than young talent on other SEC teams?

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Do we really have "great young talent?" And if so, how much greater is it than young talent on other SEC teams?
Fair question. To me, this year’s freshman class is solid, but also the bare minimum that we should have on campus every single year. The “talent” from our prior two classes is what is worth questioning

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
This is where the spoilt rears it's head. I grew up a Mets and Jets fan and I watched and went to games come hell or high water. Would you boo at times and complain real loud, yeah. But you didn't give up. I was on two teams that went to the CWS and two that didn't. We tried just as hard each year. The last 20 games or so of the 1980 season really turned us around and setup 1981. Things started clicking personally and team wise. I hit 1 HR over the first 34 games and 7 over the last 20. It instilled confidence for the following season.

So don't give up on the team. Complain about them and even call for change, but keep pulling for them
I remember going to lots Jackson Mets games when we won back to back TX League Championships then that team was basically transferred to Flushing. I was at Game 7 in '86. I also went to a few Jets games in '86 including the one when the ref called "Giving Him The Business".

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login