OT - Over Aired Commercials

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Anyone want to join me in a gofundme to kill off the the GEICO (or progressive?) "smoke 'em Edna" commercial?

Of all the "over aired" commercials this may be the worst of all time.

I consume most sports via the ESPN app, so I'm used to commercials on repeat, but this one is next level bad.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Only if you first kill off the ASPCA commercials with the voice over from a women clearly experiencing constant and horrific emotional distress while reading her lines.

Reactions: greenbean.sixpack

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
Ozempik and most of the crooked off label pharma commercials, because they more less own MSM.

Reactions: bully 16

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
And the Geico Cha-Cha dubmasses driving through fences clapping their hands

I hope they get raped and mutilated by local mutant inbreds and then roasted and eaten, along with the idiot who approved that commercial

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Tell me you’re a boomer without telling me you’re a boomer

Who watches commercials anymore?

Reactions: patdog

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015

Tell me you’re a smartasss know-it-all millennial without…

If you’re trying to tell us you’re not subjected to advertisements, and thus, exist in an echo chamber, I win either way.

• Haha
Reactions: CochiseCowbell

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

Anybody that watches ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC sports, ABC sports, CBS sports, in other words anybody that's watching football in the next 4+ months

Reactions: Dawgg

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I have no idea what any of you are talking about . . . and it's glorious.

Of course, I haven't watched any football yet either.

I'll get started this coming Saturday.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
No one has mentioned Lil Sweet (AKA that LSU SS I don't care to Google) for Dr. Pepper or the Coke Zero "I'm on the air" ads?

I'm disappointed in y'all.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Anyone who watches those live. DVR is your friend.
I've never had a DVR with any cable, satellite or streaming service I've ever had. If I miss it I miss it, doesn't bother me in the least. Not much you can't find on replay in a few hours or next day after it airs if it really bothers someone

Reactions: Dawgg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I quit paying attention to commercials a long time ago. At the same time, I do have to admit that I have seen the occasional commercial that makes me wonder what kind of idiots we have in charge of marketing, or at least ask myself the question, who is putting those advertisements together?

Eventually, you will grow old enough to hear the songs you thought were cool in the daily advertisements.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I’m sick of the Yellowstone commercials. I get it the new season is coming. I also get it that you hate your brother. Enough.
What gets me is the new season is mid November. Why show these crap commercials this soon?

Reactions: PBRME

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I don't care to see the kamala commercial they played during the Olympics, every break.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
Yes. For sure one of the worst ever. I guess they are trying to appeal to millennials and younger... this TikTok humor doesn't make sense to me but kids like it. I feel like an unfrozen caveman lawyer a lot these days.... except the lawyer part. "Your new ways frighten and confuse me"... but it still isn't funny and sucks.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I've never had a DVR with any cable, satellite or streaming service I've ever had. If I miss it I miss it, doesn't bother me in the least. Not much you can't find on replay in a few hours or next day after it airs if it really bothers someone
You really should get DVR with whatever service you have. Trust me. It's a lot better than you think it is.

Reactions: Fritz!

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
The only time I see ads is when watching live sports. I'm often confused and bemused as to what they're selling and to whom they're selling. Clearly I have aged out, at 42, of the target demographic for a whole slew of products and services.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I'd like to drag whoever writes the Burger King "YOU RULE" commercials, along with the guy who raps/sings them, out back and end this ear-splitting, mind-numbing nonsense once and for all.

Also, I guess all you cool guys who never watch commercials don't watch shows on Hulu or other streaming services where you can't skip the commercials? I can't watch an episode of Welcome to Wrexham or The Bear without ten of those 17'ing commercials.

Last edited:
Reactions: onewoof

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Anyone want to join me in a gofundme to kill off the the GEICO (or progressive?) "smoke 'em Edna" commercial?

I consume most sports via the ESPN app, so I'm used to commercials on repeat, but this one is next level bad.
The Limu Emu Liberty Mutual commercials are garbage.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
The two worst commercials/campaigns currently running are the faux German guy with the horrific accent for Meineke and the Mando doctor lady. She's an assault on each of the five senses and two or three more that haven't been discovered.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Yes. For sure one of the worst ever. I guess they are trying to appeal to millennials and younger... this TikTok humor doesn't make sense to me but kids like it. I feel like an unfrozen caveman lawyer a lot these days.... except the lawyer part. "Your new ways frighten and confuse me"... but it still isn't funny and sucks.
It's interesting how comedy is so generational. Boomer humor like MASH doesn't do anything for me, and gen Z humor is even less funny (I certainly imagine those generations feel the same about Millennial comedy). Gen Z humor almost seems like repacked vaudeville.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

I just hope the Coke zero sugar ads where Jim guzzles one on the radio would PLEASE just go away. Every time one comes on has me lurching wildly for the mute button.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
I'm glad someone posted this so I can vent. I listen to a couple different radio stations on the way to work, at lunch and on the way home and this freaking Smart Bunny insurance commercial is killing me and it's multiple times a day.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Also, I guess all you cool guys who never watch commercials don't watch shows on Hulu or other streaming services where you can't skip the commercials? I can't watch an episode of Welcome to Wrexham or The Bear without ten of those 17'ing commercials.
I intentionally don't watch Hulu or FreeVee (through Amazon Prime) because I don't want to watch commercials. The 2-3 commercials at the beginning of Prime movies already piss me off. I guess I'm in trouble when Netflix starts doing that ****....

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login