OT - Over Aired Commercials

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
It's interesting how comedy is so generational. Boomer humor like MASH doesn't do anything for me, and gen Z humor is even less funny (I certainly imagine those generations feel the same about Millennial comedy). Gen Z humor almost seems like repacked vaudeville.
Hold up there Gen Y. Are you including Seinfeld in your "less funny Gen Z" category? I'll rescind my thumbs up so fast it'll make your skinny jeans spin.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Hold up there Gen Y. Are you including Seinfeld in your "less funny Gen Z" category? I'll rescind my thumbs up so fast it'll make your skinny jeans spin.
I don't think Seinfeld is Gen Z but we may not be talking about the same thing

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I'd be ok with fewer of these Love Pill commercials, But some of the actresses would have to go back to the street corner.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I just hope the Coke zero sugar ads where Jim guzzles one on the radio would PLEASE just go away. Every time one comes on has me lurching wildly for the mute button.
I cannot listen to any commercial with gulping , drinking, or pouring water, etc. I can't say why, but it drives me crazy. I have to mute immediately.

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
Pretty much all of the Burger King jingle commercials are cringe now.

Unless you’re a king on a budget.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
That guy on the radio telling you he can get rid of your timeshare for you!
So damn annoying!

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
I'm glad someone posted this so I can vent. I listen to a couple different radio stations on the way to work, at lunch and on the way home and this freaking Smart Bunny insurance commercial is killing me and it's multiple times a day.
I, for the longest time, thought it was “sports” bunny, until I listened to the rest of the ad. Now I just laugh at it and think maybe the jingle singers were 17ing with their client. Sports bunny is annoying, too, though. Maybe the laugh’s on me.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
The one that annoys me the most is that frikking inbred Morgan & Morgan family and their incessant advertisements, everywhere.

Reactions: msu6packspeak

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It's interesting how comedy is so generational. Boomer humor like MASH doesn't do anything for me, and gen Z humor is even less funny (I certainly imagine those generations feel the same about Millennial comedy). Gen Z humor almost seems like repacked vaudeville.
I dunno. I watched some Three Stooges yesterday and that shıt is timeless.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I intentionally don't watch Hulu or FreeVee (through Amazon Prime) because I don't want to watch commercials. The 2-3 commercials at the beginning of Prime movies already piss me off. I guess I'm in trouble when Netflix starts doing that ****....
Netflix already has commercials unless you're paying for the premium version. They're pretty short though, like 15 seconds maybe twice during a movie.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I dunno. I watched some Three Stooges yesterday and that shıt is timeless.
3 Stooges defy all categorization & are timeless.

Relatedly, I recently discovered Tubi has a bunch of 3 Stooges content.

Reactions: Dawgg

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Netflix already has commercials unless you're paying for the premium version. They're pretty short though, like 15 seconds maybe twice during a movie.
I must be paying for the premium version, then, because I don't see ads on Netflix. Hopefully it stays that way....

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
The ones that bother me now are spanish language commercials that are not on spanish broadcast stations. Don't all TVs and broadcasts have SAP ability for that?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login