OT- Pay it forward

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I know how much entertainment my misery brings y’all so I figured y’all would enjoy this one.

Went to McDonalds to grab my boy some nuggets, considering I’m not getting much cooking done tonight wrapping all these damn presents. Anyhow, order was like 11 bucks. Got to the window, lady said the woman in front of me paid. Of course I’m like “so can I pay for the person behind me?”

Bad move. Window chick said of course! And as she’s swiping my card she ever so kindly tells me, “this is so sweet, that will be $47.”

I got hosed, but good deed right? $47 nuggets. Merry Christmas.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I always order using the phone app to get a free large fry or other cheap deal. That pay it forward doesn't work when you already paid using the app. That would probably cause 30 minute delay with a regional supervisor on the phone to figure out what to do.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Someone ahead of me asked to pay for my Chick-fil-A one time. Here in Tupelo the employees walk around & take orders at your car rather than waiting till you get to the speaker. Anyway, girl walks back and tells me - and I’m like, tell them thanks but no way.

I was buying something like $60 worth of food. I was glad they asked first cause I’d have felt terrible if they’d paid that much. Just one sandwich- sure. But not a meal for my whole family + shakes.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
It wasn’t the money that was the issue it was the pressure behind it.

Though I do feel cheated. Good karma bad karma I reckon.

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
I’ve done this a few times in a drive through. Makes you feel good. I’ve had it happen to me before as well.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
In this spirit is we get close to Christmas... Please take the time to you out this week and tip your garbage man. We tip waiters, barbers, Uber drivers, hotel staff... But that damn garbage man is making the world go round every week... I had to make a trip to the dump yesterday, thank goodness that's a rarity. Gag a maggot.

Go slip him a $20 or $40 before the holidays if you can. Few deserve it more.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
In this spirit is we get close to Christmas... Please take the time to you out this week and tip your garbage man. We tip waiters, barbers, Uber drivers, hotel staff... But that damn garbage man is making the world go round every week... I had to make a trip to the dump yesterday, thank goodness that's a rarity. Gag a maggot.

If it makes you feel better, they’re at least paid pretty well, at least where I live. Ours are all friendly and hard working so I talked to one of them about a job. After finding out what they make, it’s no wonder they get such good employees.

Not saying don’t tip them. Ours earn a tip on top with how good they are watching out for kids and taking care of trash they don’t have to.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
Order 3 or 4 meals and you'll get there. It's not hard. Rip off too. Their food sucks other than fish filet

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018

I just fixed the urinal and the toilet in their bathroom at Waste Management yesterday. I realize we’re not talking about the highest of iqs but the way they bully the poor custodian there by stuffing paper in the urinals and crapping in the toilets and not flushing them makes me currently not want to do ANYTHING for them.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I always spend at least $50 at drive thrus so I can hit the jackpot whenever someone is paying it forward

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agree. These pay it forward stories are stupid. If you want to buy someone’s meal for them, do it. But if each one is expected to pay it forward, the only one who winds up with a free meal is the greedy bastard who breaks the chain.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
That's like the cheapest meal they have. A Big Mac Meal or a Chicken Sandwich mean is not $6.40. Closer to $10.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
If it makes you feel any better, I work in a large building full of people with degrees in science or engineering. They are no different. Hell, two or three years ago a lady just **** on the floor.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
That's like the cheapest meal they have. A Big Mac Meal or a Chicken Sandwich mean is not $6.40. Closer to $10.

Using the Mcds app to order. A Big Mac is 4.49 large coke $1.00 large fry free with $1.00 purchase. Total 5.49 plus tax.

Fries are pretty much free all the time on the app

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
In college I would go there on Tuesdays and get five burgers for $5 and make them last
In 1996/97, Sonic had the 0.33 cent burgers. My roommate and I would go and get 30 each every week. They were the el cheapo probably soybean/horse meat burgers, but enough condiments and they were fine. We would eat 4-5 per meal (lunch and dinner) for 3-4 days. All that money saved on food was beer money.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
It wasn’t the money that was the issue it was the pressure behind it.

Though I do feel cheated. Good karma bad karma I reckon.

Pressure? There's no need to feel any pressure.

You didn't ask for that person in front of you to pay for your food and they shouldn't have done that.

Thus, you need not feel any pressure to "pay it forward."

Be strong. Don't fall for BS like that.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Pressure? There's no need to feel any pressure.

You didn't ask for that person in front of you to pay for your food and they shouldn't have done that.

Thus, you need not feel any pressure to "pay it forward."

Be strong. Don't fall for BS like that.
Yeah I’m not gonna be that one ******* that gets a free meal and dips.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
No problem. That's your decision to make.

Just don't be surprised when you get the **** end of the stick.

I’m not surprised. If you don’t know my reputation of **** luck that I post about here then I don’t know what to tell ya.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login