OT: Pellet Grills

PirateBay

Jan 9, 2020
I used to be this naive as well. Then I realized its 2022(23) and technology will allow me to multitask.

I can go do whatever I want over the course of a 12-18 hour brisket cook and not be straddled to my grill. I can go fishing. I can go hunting. I can watch tv. I can go to the strip club. The world is my oyster. And when I get back, the brisket will be 98% as good as a stickburners with 5% of the effort involved. It's a beautiful thing.
You could put it in the oven too, or buy a cooked brisket for that matter, that doesn’t mean you do. Having to babysit the smoker for 18 hours is the whole point. And if you’re going to be working the smoker all day, I mean you might as well have a beer or 18 while you’re at it. This is America, after all.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
There is a lot of temperature controllers out there. I personally use a BBQ Guru on my eggs. They make a portable battery powered one called the Party Q, I have one of those in the RV for my mini Akorn. They make adapters for multiple grills so you can make just about any grill a set it and forget it grill.
I’ll have to do some more research and look at the party Q as well. I would love a big green egg but the cost is really outrageous. A Weber with a temperature controller might be what works best for me.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
You could put it in the oven too, or buy a cooked brisket for that matter, that doesn’t mean you do. Having to babysit the smoker for 18 hours is the whole point. And if you’re going to be working the smoker all day, I mean you might as well have a beer or 18 while you’re at it. This is America, after all.
I don’t have that kind of time unfortunately. The technology is here we might as well use it.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I’ll have to do some more research and look at the party Q as well. I would love a big green egg but the cost is really outrageous. A Weber with a temperature controller might be what works best for me.
Check you local Lowe’s for a Kamado Joe Kettle Joe. Regularly $499 but they’ve had them on close out recently for $199. It’s a lot of grill for the money. I bought one just because, have even taken it out of the box yet.

Reactions: TrueMaroonGrind

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Lemme guess. You make your own shoes too. I'm shocked you're using a message board for communication. You should be using smoke signals from your pit. Cmon. Get with the program.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login