OT: Philbilly and Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
So, like you said, I think he's smart enough to know exactly what he was saying and doing

Shad knows who to protect and how to go about it. That's why he's there. There will be some sacrificed, but the biggest players will be spun into heroes, or in this case "whistleblowers".

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
We’re not nearly as good at it, apparently. There’s also some irony in the fact that Phil served as State Auditor for 12 years.

If anything, I’m thankful that they are USM grads, even though it’s embarrassing. If they were Ole Miss grads, I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that their crimes would’ve been on the level of some type of genocide. Possibly nuclear holocaust.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Shut down Mississippi Southern’s Athletics while we are at it. MSU and the Taxpayers don’t need to be keeping them in business.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Shut down Mississippi Southern’s Athletics while we are at it. MSU and the Taxpayers don’t need to be keeping them in business.
Nah, Hattiesburg Metro (and MS) needs the economic boost, and education isn't a bad thing.

Just need to be FCS in sports. However the move to the Sun Belt is probably good enough. We need all USM fans to also double as MSU/Ole Miss fans. This whole 3-way competition is what really needs to go. Way too many dipshits walking around who get their rocks off on beating MSU/Ole Miss.

I'm really not being an ******* when I say that we need to establish MSU and Ole Miss as the top tiers. That's how we all can compete. Splitting things 3 ways just doesn't work.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I’m being serious bc I didn’t read either article in it’s entirety, but is there any proof that Phil Bryant broke the law or even did something unethical?

I mean if Bret Farve calls and says I want you to invest in my company and Phil does is that illegal? Happens everyday in and out of government, Republican or Democrat.

I mean did Bryant actually commit to using state funds for the business? Or is that alleged based on the texts?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
So give us examples. If it’s so well known, explain it to us.

Be clear and concise.

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I also have not read all the articles, but it really seems like classic quid pro quo. I don't know what that actual crime translates to. Suffice it to say, I think we all can agree we don't want state officials getting personal financial benefits in exchange for helping individual companies.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Most towns in Mississippi aren’t made up of middle and middle-upper-class people.

So if towns are shutting marijuana out that basically means the people in the towns are getting what they want.

Winning elections in small town Mississippi isn’t being puppeted by some man behind the curtain. Democrat or Republican.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I mean is going after Paul Lacoste and Brett Farve low level?

There were lots of big money names in that deal and it wasn’t chump change.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I mean did he get financial benefits while Governor?

Hell was he even offered financial benefits while Governor?

Not according to the actual texts or quotes.

But no public officials shouldn’t get financial benefits. Hell I’d argue they not their immediate family members should even be allowed to invest outside of regular mutual funds.

But good luck getting the establishment to agree on that.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
He was offered stock in the company although the timing seemed iffy with him headed out of office.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
People stealing from the state tax payer fund should be prosecuted.

But people who want the state to have more funds to get misappropriated are just as dumb and almost as criminal.

And I don’t feel sorry for most poor people.

People who want to work and who try to better themselves usually do.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I mean government. The problem isn’t who is there now. The problem is who May come in the future. The answer to the future is WE DONT KNOW.

You should never throw money at an investment when the process/system has shown time and again they can’t get it right. Republicans and Democrats.

But we have people still screaming for more money.

We should have people demanding more for less money. You know: like thriving businesses do. They all have that in common. They have a goal of doing more with less. And when they do more with less they generally get a little more and do a lot more.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
But government is made up of people. And they are in a system that doesn’t reward being efficient and frugal.

They are actually in a system that rewards spending more.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I’m pretty sure the article said he was offered stock after he left office but I could be wrong.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Most towns in Mississippi aren’t made up of middle and middle-upper-class people.

So if towns are shutting marijuana out that basically means the people in the towns are getting what they want.

Winning elections in small town Mississippi isn’t being puppeted by some man behind the curtain. Democrat or Republican.
Yep

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
He was offered stock in the company although the timing seemed iffy with him headed out of office.

I don't like Bryant at all for reasons of my own but to be fair, offered doesn't mean accepted. Now it sounds like if the arrests hadn't happened when they did......

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
So give us examples. If it’s so well known, explain it to us.

Be clear and concise.

I've got some advise for you. Why don't you put me on ignore, so that you don't see any of my posts. Because they obviously trigger the 17 out of you. You must be a real joy to live with.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I agree that it doesn’t “look” good but nothing in that article proves anything nefarious was done.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Some of you obviously don't understand rural MS politics. I could give you an example of an elected official being defeated in re-election, to be appointed later, to the same position. MS politics are trash. But politics in general are. It's all about the $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login