OT- Pistol and enhanced carry class recommendations

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
Hey, question for you. A couple of years ago I bought a Shield in .45 acp. It is almost impossible to load the magazines without using one of those loading assist gadgets. I have kept all the mags loaded to capacity all this time and that has helped a little but not much. Have you had this problem? I complained to S&W and they said they would inform their engineers.

Back when the Shield 2.0 was about to come out, S&W offered a $50 rebate with the Shield 1.0 and a bunch of places put them on sale on top of that rebate (just dumping inventory before the new model was released). You could find them (after rebate) for like $200. Myself and several of my buddies all picked one up (various calibers). We ALL had complaints about how tight the mag springs were. I have dozens of guns and hundreds of mags and I've never had mags that tough to load. I've since left them loaded constantly for the past couple of years and they've loosened up to a reasonable tension but when they were new, they were an absolute ***** to load.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Just throw this advice away… sorry Glory. This is just bad advice.

if someone is trying to kill you, do you want 6 shots in a single action antiquated weapon? Your assailant will most probably have 11 more rounds than you do.

in any case, take a class. I knew I sucked at shooting pistols, but didn’t realize how bad until I took a course.(not concealed specific)

I was in the Marine Corps. I was expert marksman with the Berretta 9mm. I was also a coach at the pistol range. I know my weapons and how to use them. If you need more than six bullets you better off with a shot gun. Just so you know I always came back to the barrack with a expert badge from the riffle range as well. The thing is I know that revolver is going to work every single time. There is also less chance of human error with it.

Personally if someone is breaking into my house I am going to take the opportunity to put these 19" guns I am have to break their neck. That be more fun anyways.******

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I was in the Marine Corps. I was expert marksman with the Berretta 9mm. I was also a coach at the pistol range. I know my weapons and how to use them. If you need more than six bullets you better off with a shot gun. Just so you know I always came back to the barrack with a expert badge from the riffle range as well. The thing is I know that revolver is going to work every single time. There is also less chance of human error with it.

Personally if someone is breaking into my house I am going to take the opportunity to put these 19" guns I am have to break their neck. That be more fun anyways.******

I always recommended revolvers to lady's because it's easy to use and just point snd shoot. Nothing to fool around with before. And reliable. I like my revolvers too. And you are right but with groups these days carjacking I like the highest magazine I can carry

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login