OT: Point of Order

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Spread word to all millennials who have or will be leaving big cities. Just because you left your apartment for a house with a yard, you are not homesteaders. A place with a few chickens and a vegetable garden is just grandma's house.

Met an early/mid 30's couple from Chicago last night that have been in Eastern WA for a year now and they called their place a homestead because its on 2 acres and they have goats, chickens, and a little greenhouse. He is actually a web developer and she writes freelance online articles.

Just as I thought the millennials were going to be okay and Gen Z was the real problem...

Homesteaders
Screen-Shot-2020-12-02-at-1.20.23-PM.png

The Result Of Boomers Who Raised Children On Making Good Choices vs a Fear of Belts
maxresdefault (3).jpg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Preach, I blame all of the world’s problems on poor parenting.
“my child doesn’t respond to spanking.” You’re not swinging hard enough or you’ve already been trained by your kid.
The wooden spoon threat worked for us. May have actually spanked them with it maybe twice.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Spread word to all millennials who have or will be leaving big cities. Just because you left your apartment for a house with a yard, you are not homesteaders. A place with a few chickens and a vegetable garden is just grandma's house.

Met an early/mid 30's couple from Chicago last night that have been in Eastern WA for a year now and they called their place a homestead because its on 2 acres and they have goats, chickens, and a little greenhouse. He is actually a web developer and she writes freelance online articles.

Just as I thought the millennials were going to be okay and Gen Z was the real problem...

Homesteaders
View attachment 304813

The Result Of Boomers Who Raised Children On Making Good Choices vs a Fear of Belts
View attachment 304814
My boomer parents beat my @$s when needed which wasn't often.

No generation is to blame. A group of people are. Like the people who call CPS on parents who whip their kids.

Whippings/discipline are different than abuse.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
Nothing is better for behavior modification than your Mom saying "go pick your switch".
A couple lashes across the back of bare legs with one of those and I would have marched thru fire if my Mom said to do it.
As a rural child of the 70's, I, too, was of the "pick your switch" era. We had a ton of peach trees around our house (the switch equivalent of Roman flogging). One day I crossed whatever line mama didn't want me crossing, and she sent me on the Death March to acquire an instrument of punishment. To lighten the mood and possibly escape bleeding legs, I came back with a piece of honeysuckle vine.

She found herself less amused than I.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The wooden spoon threat worked for us. May have actually spanked them with it maybe twice.
Was said wooden spoon applied to the palm of the hand while fingers were being stretched downward, or was spoon applied to backs of thighs? Anything below the knee didn't hurt too bad but a spoon on the thigh or palm will get your attention, quickly

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Was said wooden spoon applied to the palm of the hand while fingers were being stretched downward, or was spoon applied to backs of thighs? Anything below the knew didn't hurt too bad but a spoon on the thigh or palm will get your attention, quickly
Back of the thigh. Mom wrote Bible verses on the wooden spoons. That way I new God’s love for me would never fail, even if the structural integrity of the spoon did post contact.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Was said wooden spoon applied to the palm of the hand while fingers were being stretched downward, or was spoon applied to backs of thighs? Anything below the knew didn't hurt too bad but a spoon on the thigh or palm will get your attention, quickly
Back of thigh.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I guess only us Boomers know what a switch is.

edited: we never used one but got my arse torn up with one numerous times.

edit II : peak horror was when you were told to "go get me a switch" LOL

Last edited:

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Pure SPS. Joking thread making fun of hipsters spirals into the virtues of corporal punishment.
Why I joined. Funniest and most educational read of the morning. Even get MSU sports thrown in for free.

I'll offer the flyswatter as the means to get my attention back when. Effective.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Mom used the wooden spoon attached to the fridge by a magnet for easy access.

When it was Dad, you were in big trouble and it was gonna be the belt.

I don't know how old I was the last time my mother spanked me, but I laughed because it didn't hurt. Big Mistake!

Dad made sure it hurt when he got home.

The psychological warfare of snapping the belt before the whoopin' is second to none.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
The worst thing to be whipped with is the old orange sections of Hot Wheels track. Flexible enough to act like a whip, hard enough to act like a paddle and has ridges for extra punishment. After the second time, I threw all of mine in the dumpster down the road. I'll take a limb switch all day over a Hot Wheels track.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I don't know how old I was the last time my mother spanked me, but I laughed because it didn't hurt. Big Mistake!

The psychological warfare of snapping the belt before the whoopin' is second to none.
Exact same story for me. My mother was whipping me with a yardstick and it broke. I tried to tell her I was too old (12) for a spanking and was laughing at her. The laughing ended when she said, "Wait in here until your Dad gets home!" My respect for my mother went through the roof.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Any of y’all ever get a whoopin on the side of the road? That was the worst. Not only did it hurt, but the whole world driving by knew you were in trouble. The shame was as bad as the pain.
I got paddled in high school one time on the gym floor in the gymnasium, about ten minutes before a pep rally was supposed to start, so it was full of kids.

Good times.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
My mom wouldn't be allowed on a airplane if they had the do not fly list when I was a kid for all the spankings I got with a belt.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

My Dad did the same thing. Scared the schit outta me cuz I knew what was coming. He called it "Betsy Time" as he cracked it sounding like a gun going off.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
The worst thing to be whipped with is the old orange sections of Hot Wheels track. Flexible enough to act like a whip, hard enough to act like a paddle and has ridges for extra punishment. After the second time, I threw all of mine in the dumpster down the road. I'll take a limb switch all day over a Hot Wheels track.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Reactions: The Fatboy

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
My mom was my 5th grade teacher. She marched me out of the room several times, paddle in hand, in front of all my buddies, take me to the bathroom right across the hall, whip me, and then came the walk of shame back to my desk.

Last edited:

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Big leather belt from Dad and big wooden paddles from at least four - probably more - separate teachers/principals.

AND I'm perfectly well adjusted and normal -- for a State fan, thank you very much!

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Never got whipped with one, but I sure as hell dual wielded those pain inflictors when playtime got testy.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

Homesteaders
View attachment 304813

View attachment 304814
They can call their property whatever they want. Don't like it? Go to Iran.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Willow trees make the worst switches. They are flexible and will literally wrap around your legs/thigh/*** or whatever part of your anatomy is getting wore out.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
As a kid always playing in the backyard, I would take leaks outside instead of the 25 yard walk to the house and bathroom that my Mom insisted I do but I kept on taking my chances. The final time I did it she caught me mid stream with a long plastic brush against my bare A$$.
you let her sneak up on you from 25 yards away? stealth, like a Ninja..

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Always hated to see the wife whip the kids (2 boys). Usually just pissed me off because I could almost see the smirk on their faces. Told her regularly, "if you are going to whip them, then whip them. Don't swat." That always pissed her off, after the whipping was over.
They are grown now and the subject recently came up. They finally told her they never wanted a whipping from me, always tried to get her to go ahead and do it because it never hurt. That pissed her off again. Not sure if it was because she realized they had played her the whole time or because she had to admit I was right all along.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login