OT: predictions for the next ten years

Status
Not open for further replies.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Curious to what everyone thinks, and please, don't be a jerk about politics and get the thread closed.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
The people who are young will get old and complain about young people and how they are ruining the country.

Six Packers are a prime example.

Within ten years, State will be terrorizing the group of 5. Terrorizing.

Our best chance of making the playoffs is as the 12-seed champeens of the United Athletic Conference.

Curious to what everyone thinks, and please, don't be a jerk about politics and get the thread closed.

I responded similarly to @HailStout but here goes: No matter what happens, the Six Pack will hate it.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I predict...

- countries will struggle to fill educated/skilled jobs due to population trends and those who are ahead of the game on immigration and supporting workers will hurt less.

- minerals and resources will continue to be exploited by those with power and alliances due to resource agreements will shape global power more than the current traditional setup.

- mississippi state will win a conference title in football or basketball. No clue which conference though.

- the increased cost of adjusting climate realities in certain areas of the US will strain urban and rural areas alike. Mass migration will need to happen, but many will refuse which will then force further fracturing.

- tech companies will somehow gain even more influence and control over the stream of commerce, which seems impossible since they control so much already.
This will further divide the few from the many and the concept of class mobility will be less possible for more and more. This reality will be ironic in analysis since fewer skilled workers should mean more socioeconomic mobility.

- the government will be slow to restrict ai generated images and info, which will create havoc for people trying to navigate what they can/can't trust for news and information. This will apply for everything from product reviews to political claims.

And my biggest and most immediate prediction- many on here will think most of the above predictions are politically motivated when they are really just social predictions based on what I have observed over the last 10 years.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I predict...

- countries will struggle to fill educated/skilled jobs due to population trends and those who are ahead of the game on immigration and supporting workers will hurt less.

- minerals and resources will continue to be exploited by those with power and alliances due to resource agreements will shape global power more than the current traditional setup.

- mississippi state will win a conference title in football or basketball. No clue which conference though.

- the increased cost of adjusting climate realities in certain areas of the US will strain urban and rural areas alike. Mass migration will need to happen, but many will refuse which will then force further fracturing.

- tech companies will somehow gain even more influence and control over the stream of commerce, which seems impossible since they control so much already.
This will further divide the few from the many and the concept of class mobility will be less possible for more and more. This reality will be ironic in analysis since fewer skilled workers should mean more socioeconomic mobility.

- the government will be slow to restrict ai generated images and info, which will create havoc for people trying to navigate what they can/can't trust for news and information. This will apply for everything from product reviews to political claims.

And my biggest and most immediate prediction- many on here will think most of the above predictions are politically motivated when they are really just social predictions based on what I have observed over the last 10 years.
The AI prediction is beyond spot on.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The Chinese will be the dominant power in the world and all western govts will adopt a very similar government to China's. Reprogramming camps will be an accepted practice for those who do not maintain an adequate social score

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
We'll all be flying rocket ships, and talkin with out minds, and wearing turquoise jewelry and standing in soup lines.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I predict...

🤦🏼‍♂️

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The Chinese will be the dominant power in the world and all western govts will adopt a very similar government to China's. Reprogramming camps will be an accepted practice for those who do not maintain an adequate social score
China has a declining population and is on their way out, but the rest of your prediction wouldn't surprise me.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
in the next 10 years we will have some type of major, wide spread issue with the power grid, whether it be an EMP, cyber, natural disaster or just plain incompetence/corruption. I'm talking a couple of weeks (or longer) and half the country affected. It will be chaos on an unimaginable scale. Looting, violence and home invasions will be everywhere, neighbors will take up armed security in their hood.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I predict...

IMG_4551.gif

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
-bitcoin will be near $2mm per coin
-law and order will be completely broken down resulting in loss of the middle class
-lawful and contributing citizens will form breakaway communities that are self sufficient

Reactions: preacher_dawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login