OT: predictions for the next ten years

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
-bitcoin will be near $2mm per coin
-law and order will be completely broken down resulting in loss of the middle class
-lawful and contributing citizens will form breakaway communities that are self sufficient
My man’s over here manifesting Libertarian Nirvana

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
A Positive prediction:

A new form of clean energy (ie fusion) will be created that will transform our world for the betterment of society.

A Negative prediction:

Authoritarianism by populist political leaders of all sorts of ideologies will over run many governments including possibly the US because the younger generations don’t seem to care about freedoms. We will flip from one side of the political spectrum to the other causing civil unrest until the whole thing craters.

Last edited:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Mad Max GIF

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
in the next 10 years we will have some type of major, wide spread issue with the power grid, whether it be an EMP, cyber, natural disaster or just plain incompetence/corruption. I'm talking a couple of weeks (or longer) and half the country affected. It will be chaos on an unimaginable scale. Looting, violence and home invasions will be everywhere, neighbors will take up armed security in their hood.
Be a good time to live in the south or Midwest!

And outside of certain big cities!

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
China and Russia are facing a serious demographic cliff. Their influence will wane in the next decade. Unfortunately, Japan and South Korea are in trouble too. I don't want to be around when the global population starts falling. It will become very hard to find investments that aren't negatively affect by deflation.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Be a good time to live in the south or Midwest!

And outside of certain big cities!
Factor in damage to infrastructure, business, and lives from more frequent hurricanes. Then factor in ramifications from increased overall temperature on farming and health as well as lifestyle. Now factor in worsening water quality and reduced water availability. Lastly, factor in rising sea level.

Now only one of those two areas is looking good.

++++ To be extremely clear, I understand all those things I listed may not actually happen. They are all very much predicted though and not just predicted by random uninformed people, but predicted based on current observed trends and interpreted data. Try to remember this before you respond with some emotional rant about these things not being real or not being a concern.++++

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Added prediction-

I was just listening to a podcast called 'Make Me Smart'(trigger warning- its an NPR based podcast with Kai Ryssdal who is a Navy vet that leans left) and the author of a new book was being interviewed. The book is a US History lesson through 15 different foods(spam, potlicker, recent korean taco fusion, etc).
Anyways, the conversation turned to what was #16- what was left out. And the author talked about predictions and how she is interested to see what will happen in the coming years with meat.
Pretty on point for this thread since its about the coming 10 years.

I would be curious to hear the opinions of SPSers on what they think about meat in the next decade.
- will you embrace lab grown meat in general, or will you be firmly against it regardless of cost and taste?

- will you embrace lab grown meat if it tastes the same and costs less, but feels different?
- will you embrace lab grown meat if it costs the same and feels the same, but tastes different?
- will you embrace lab grown meat even if it costs more and feels different, but it reduces emissions and waste?
etc etc.
With this sort of thing, there is no right or wrong answer. I can understand if people jump at something new and I can understand if people refuse to move away from what they know thru decades of life.
Food is very personal and hits at the core of how many of us identify(family, health, happiness, traditions, employment, etc).

Lab grown protein- its comin for ya in the next decade!

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Goofy middle age overweight white guys will get on the internet and complain about sports, the downfall of society, and the correct way to cook meats outside.

So the next ten years will not change much more than the last ten.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
China and Russia are facing a serious demographic cliff. Their influence will wane in the next decade. Unfortunately, Japan and South Korea are in trouble too. I don't want to be around when the global population starts falling. It will become very hard to find investments that aren't negatively affect by deflation.
That's why I laugh every time some idiot starts talking about China or Russia taking over the world. It ain't happening, at least not for another generation (or 10 years, in regards to this thread).

As far as big changes, I kinda subscribe to the "ain't a damn thing changed" mentality. But I do see more vehicular technology getting better and better, and a few more drones here and there. I don't see fully driverless cars or personal vertical take-off vehicles or anything like that. Hopefully we've got more working from home, due to Starlink and fiber internet everywhere. I'm not sure if we see a 247 Google Earth or not.....the innovation to get there is so expensive.

Innovation - that is one thing I am worried about. People by and large are dumber, especially when in groups.

Reactions: Boom Boom

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
I would be curious to hear the opinions of SPSers on what they think about meat in the next decade.
- will you embrace lab grown meat in general, or will you be firmly against it regardless of cost and taste?

- will you embrace lab grown meat if it tastes the same and costs less, but feels different?
- will you embrace lab grown meat if it costs the same and feels the same, but tastes different?
- will you embrace lab grown meat even if it costs more and feels different, but it reduces emissions and waste?
etc etc.
I'm not against lab grown meat, as long as it lives up to its namesake. If lab grown chicken looks and tastes as good as farm grown chicken, I'm all in. If it's more like these vegan alternatives that taste gross, count me out.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Added prediction-

I was just listening to a podcast called 'Make Me Smart'(trigger warning- its an NPR based podcast with Kai Ryssdal who is a Navy vet that leans left) and the author of a new book was being interviewed. The book is a US History lesson through 15 different foods(spam, potlicker, recent korean taco fusion, etc).
Anyways, the conversation turned to what was #16- what was left out. And the author talked about predictions and how she is interested to see what will happen in the coming years with meat.
Pretty on point for this thread since its about the coming 10 years.

etc etc.
With this sort of thing, there is no right or wrong answer. I can understand if people jump at something new and I can understand if people refuse to move away from what they know thru decades of life.
Food is very personal and hits at the core of how many of us identify(family, health, happiness, traditions, employment, etc).

Lab grown protein- its comin for ya in the next decade!
I will never eat lab meat.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
In 10 years when I am 69 years old I will still be benching 355 pounds.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Factor in damage to infrastructure, business, and lives from more frequent hurricanes. Then factor in ramifications from increased overall temperature on farming and health as well as lifestyle. Now factor in worsening water quality and reduced water availability. Lastly, factor in rising sea level.

Now only one of those two areas is looking good.

++++ To be extremely clear, I understand all those things I listed may not actually happen. They are all very much predicted though and not just predicted by random uninformed people, but predicted based on current observed trends and interpreted data. Try to remember this before you respond with some emotional rant about these things not being real or not being a concern.++++
They’ve been predicted for years and none of them have come true to anywhere close to what was predicted but y’all keep falling for it over and over and over.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login