OT: President Jimmy Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I won't call him worst ever because Biden is in the midst of telling Carter to hold his beer. But I do give Carter credit for being a true statesman after leaving office, something Trump could learn a thing or two, or a hundred about.

Trump learn??, hahaha šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Good post.

I can respect Carter for what he did with Habitat for Humanity after office. But he was an abject failure as a president. And his overt Christianity stands in stark contrast with policy decisions he's continued to support.

I won't call him worst ever because Biden is in the midst of telling Carter to hold his beer. But I do give Carter credit for being a true statesman after leaving office, something Trump could learn a thing or two, or a hundred about.
Good Post except I question Carter's Statesmanship the last 10 years. I voted Trump and will do again if he gets the nomination but sometimes I wish he would shut his damn mouth.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I would like to know more about his shady dealings that I'm not familiar with as his net worth is $50MM which does make you think. His History and Life Stories are indeed interesting IMO.

If you're serious about wanting to know more, read Hitchins' book on Kissinger. You won't see him the same after.

ETA...

Here's a starter...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
The second worst president in our countryā€™s history, second only to Joe Biden.

As a human being and as a man, he is one of the best!
I was delayed on a flight out of Dallas on a business trip. The flight crew held the plane for 30 minutes until Ex President Carter and his Secret Service crew boarded and sat in First Class. President Carter talked to the flight crew and then walked down the aisle shaking hands and apologizing to each of us for the delay. What a gracious soul. I wasn't impressed with him as President but as a human he is exceptional.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I was delayed on a flight out of Dallas on a business trip. The flight crew held the plane for 30 minutes until Ex President Carter and his Secret Service crew boarded and sat in First Class. President Carter talked to the flight crew and then walked down the aisle shaking hands and apologizing to each of us for the delay. What a gracious soul. I wasn't impressed with him as President but as a human he is exceptional.
Many years ago I was on a flight that was delayed leaving Atlanta. After about 45 minutes of sitting there, Willie Herenton gets on the plane and plops down in first class. For those who don't know who that is, Willie was the mayor of Memphis at the time and is the one guy more responsible than most for the shape the city is in today. Anyway, dude was an entitled *******. Happy to hear that Carter was much more humble.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Good Post except I question Carter's Statesmanship the last 10 years. I voted Trump and will do again if he gets the nomination but sometimes I wish he would shut his damn mouth.
I held my nose and voted Trump the first time. Pleasantly surprised by many of his policy decisions. Frustrated by the distractions that kept being thrown at him. And embarrassed by some of his actions, particularly behaviors and reactions to criticism. I can not and will not support him again. If he truly cares about the country, he'll drop out.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I held my nose and voted Trump the first time. Pleasantly surprised by many of his policy decisions. Frustrated by the distractions that kept being thrown at him. And embarrassed by some of his actions, particularly behaviors and reactions to criticism. I can not and will not support him again. If he truly cares about the country, he'll drop out.
I totally understand where you are coming from but based on platform changes & weaponizing the DOJ, FBI and MSM stuff the DNC's been doing 10 years or so that continues full steam ahead, there's no way I vote D for anyone including the dog catcher.

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I totally understand where you are coming from but based on platform changes & weaponizing the DOJ, FBI and MSM stuff the DNC's been doing 10 years or so that continues full steam ahead, there's no way I vote D for anyone including the dog catcher.
I'm curious as to what changes, or imaginary changes, make you think that.

And of course Trump is the one that weaponized those agencies. Any sane person knows that. Hell, just look at the Fox texts from the Dominion lawsuit.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm curious as to what changes, or imaginary changes, make you think that.

And of course Trump is the one that weaponized those agencies. Any sane person knows that. Hell, just look at the Fox texts from the Dominion lawsuit.
I appreciate your input even though I disagree. Being a sports board, I'll leave it at "I've said my peace and you've said yours" as I think MOD Concern gets involved when the bickering starts going back and forth between members. But I maybe wrong on that as I am most often on this board.

Reactions: Boom Boom

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I appreciate your input even though I disagree. Being a sports board, I'll leave it at "I've said my peace and you've said yours" as I think MOD Concern gets involved when the bickering starts going back and forth between members. But I maybe wrong on that as I am most often on this board.

Well done.

We need way more of this kind of response.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
It's always amusing to me how Republicans spent the entire Clinton presidency saying he was the worst president ever, the entire Obama presidency saying that he was the worst president ever, but now it's Biden who's the worst ever. They're already laying the groundwork to seamlessly transition to "Harris is the worst president ever!!" if necessary, and either way I'm sure next decade it will turn out that Polis or Shapiro or whoever is actually the worst.

Reactions: mstateglfr

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
So...you wants him to be nice to AH's lying about him.

All those none niceties he posted were to liars....since proven to be liars.

I would imagine you might have some sharp responses to people lying about you..as you should.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It's always amusing to me how Republicans spent the entire Clinton presidency saying he was the worst president ever, the entire Obama presidency saying that he was the worst president ever, but now it's Biden who's the worst ever. They're already laying the groundwork to seamlessly transition to "Harris is the worst president ever!!" if necessary, and either way I'm sure next decade it will turn out that Polis or Shapiro or whoever is actually the worst.

Please tell me you're aware that Democrats do the same thing??

The problem is that so many are willing to let power hungry, morally bankrupt politicians of all stripes divide them from half the population.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
So...you wants him to be nice to AH's lying about him.

All those none niceties he posted were to liars....since proven to be liars.

I would imagine you might have some sharp responses to people lying about you..as you should.
Almost all of what folks on the left came after Trump with was nonsense. Most sane people on both sides of the aisle, along with virtually all independents, knew this. He was too undisciplined to understand this, and chose to beclown himself and cost himself re-election in the process. When you get in the mud with pigs, you get muddy and the pigs get happy.

Just a modicum of discipline and he would still be president today. But he was too stupid for that. And now he's going after folks in his own party he perceives as threats with personal insults. He doesn't have much of a chance of being the nominee in 24 because most are sick of his chit. But he's too arrogant to see this and will take the whole party down in flames if he has to. That's because he's not in it for you, or me, or the party, or America. He's in it for Trump.

The sooner that this cult of personality that worships at the altar of Trump gets broken up, the quicker we can all move toward getting this country back on track.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Almost all of what folks on the left came after Trump with was nonsense. Most sane people on both sides of the aisle, along with virtually all independents, knew this. He was too undisciplined to understand this, and chose to beclown himself and cost himself re-election in the process. When you get in the mud with pigs, you get muddy and the pigs get happy.

Just a modicum of discipline and he would still be president today. But he was too stupid for that. And now he's going after folks in his own party he perceives as threats with personal insults. He doesn't have much of a chance of being the nominee in 24 because most are sick of his chit. But he's too arrogant to see this and will take the whole party down in flames if he has to. That's because he's not in it for you, or me, or the party, or America. He's in it for Trump.

The sooner that this cult of personality that worships at the altar of Trump gets broken up, the quicker we can all move toward getting this country back on track.
Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
ā€œMe partyā€¦gooood. Other partyā€¦..baadā€

Clinton and Obama werenā€™t bad presidents. I didnt agree with much of their policy but in general they werenā€™t bad presidents at all but Biden is just flat out terrible at being president. Clinton and Obama were much younger and sharper, Biden looks, acts, and talks like all the old Senators that are way past their prime and are coddled like Cochran, Thurman, Feinstein, etc are/were.

And donā€™t get me started on Harris, sheā€™s the real life version of Selina Meyer. Most VPs no matter the party are perceived as a little goofy or clumsy to degree but good heavens that woman has no business being VP and lord help us if something were to happen to Biden.

Last edited:

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Iā€™m pretty sure Obama weaponized the alphabet agencies against conservative businesses. ESP the IRS. Lois Lerner ring a bell?

Reactions: Drebin

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Good Post and thanks for sharing; good read. I'm a policy first kinda guy who cares less about personality. Would love a mix of Carter's Personality and Mannerly Ways with Trump's Policies.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Augustus McCrae

Aug 25, 2012
Thatā€™s funny, same exact thing happened to me some years ago.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Good post.

I can respect Carter for what he did with Habitat for Humanity after office. But he was an abject failure as a president. And his overt Christianity stands in stark contrast with policy decisions he's continued to support.

Pretty hard to be a statesman when you are constantly whining and spreading lies about your election loss. Not to mention nearly destroying the nation's democracy by inciting a violent insurrection at the capitol.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Pretty hard to be a statesman when you are constantly whining and spreading lies about your election loss. Not to mention nearly destroying the nation's democracy by inciting a violent insurrection at the capitol.
You'll get no arguments from me on the first point. There are legitimate questions but there's a better way to handle it and he chose the "full-on stupid" way.

On the second point, there are only two types of people who say that: Low IQ morons, and dishonest hacks. So you're either the stupid moron who believes every lie you're told, or you're the guy telling the lie because you know people who vote like you are stupid enough to believe whatever inane, ludicrous talking point you can scheme up in your TDS-riddled brain.

Sorry if that hits close to home.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
You'll get no arguments from me on the first point. There are legitimate questions but there's a better way to handle it and he chose the "full-on stupid" way.

On the second point, there are only two types of people who say that: Low IQ morons, and dishonest hacks. So you're either the stupid moron who believes every lie you're told, or you're the guy telling the lie because you know people who vote like you are stupid enough to believe whatever inane, ludicrous talking point you can scheme up in your TDS-riddled brain.

Sorry if that hits close to home.
So please enlighten my TDS-riddled brain as to which part of the second point you disagree with. That there was a violent insurrection at the capitol or that Trump incited it, or that it was a threat to democracy? Or all of the above? Btw, apparently there must have been a lot of low IQ morons and dishonest hacks within his own circle, based on their sworn testimony before the Jan. 6 committee.

ETA- You know nothing about me or my brain, so see if you can answer without the childish name calling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boom Boom

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I did the same. I voted for Ben Carson in the primary. I will be voting DeSantis in the next election.

Reactions: Fritz!

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
So please enlighten my TDS-riddled brain as to which part of the second point you disagree with. That there was a violent insurrection at the capitol or that Trump incited it, or that it was a threat to democracy? Or all of the above? Btw, apparently there must have been a lot of low IQ morons and dishonest hacks within his own circle, based on their sworn testimony before the Jan. 6 committee.

ETA- You know nothing about me or my brain, so see if you can answer without the childish name calling.
Your comments tell us all we need to know. Your follow up post made it worse.

Reactions: yakalot2

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

Haha, I get a chuckle when I hear left wingers call Jan 6th an insurrection after they supported the burning and ransacking of America during the Trump presidency. If it had been an insurrection Congress folks would have been held hostage and demands would have been made. Nancy Pelosi was in charge of security. Why did she allow protestors into the building? Great theater leading up to the election.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I personally think all politicians go to hell, like all dogs go to heaven. Change my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login