OT: Prigozhin sleeps with the fishes......

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
Speaking of WW2, my grandfather, born in 1900, always said we should have fought the Russians in WW2. I know Patton pushed for this after the Germans were defeated. I wonder how common that sentiment was in 1945?
No clue but after a number of years at War, I doubt many people had the appetite to start a new war.

In the end, is Russia that big of a deal to us?

the place sucks though. Bad culture

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
There is video of the plane coming down. Not that we didn't already know, but that plane had to have been shot down.
that is what I thought when I saw it. That was mechanical issues other than a the issues that come with being shot down.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Well with the way Putin controls the media, this guy may not have known Putin was a bad guy.
This guy was running Putin proxy wars in Africa to keep the international community off Russia's back while they performed genocide on a population.... he knew exactly who Putin is. His real mistake was not getting his family out the exact moment he decided to march on Russia. The moment he stopped, he signed his own death warrant.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Which sorta goes to my question - If he was seriously confident in returning to Russia after assurances from Putin, he's just not smart.
He probably overestimated Putin, just like a lot of people did before PUtin started this war. Russia probably needs Wagner and he may have dumbly thought that would stop Putin from antagonizing them just because it would be against Putin and Russia's interest. But if you could count on Putin to act in his own self interest and that of Russia's, he wouldn't have started this war.

The other alternative is that they still had the leverage that caused him to stop the coup in the first place and if Putin had summoned him to his own execution he would have gone, so there wasn't any point in trying to protect himself.

Neither of these explanations seem great but I'd guess it's the first one if I had to.

Reactions: patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Should have turned Moscow into a pile of rocks and seen to it that it was Mao that ended up in exile on Taiwan instead of the other way around.

You think there would have been a lot of support back home for the country to roll on into Russia and I guess China after just finishing a massive effort in Europe and the Pacific??

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
One of Hitler’s reasons for attacking Russia was that he didn’t feel it was right for such a useless group of people, that contributed nothing to the world, should be able to control such a vast amount of land while productive Germanic people were bottled into tight boundaries.

Hitler was a terrible human, but that doesn’t mean he was wrong about everything
1692892612469.gif

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Speaking of WW2, my grandfather, born in 1900, always said we should have fought the Russians in WW2. I know Patton pushed for this after the Germans were defeated. I wonder how common that sentiment was in 1945?
"We may have been fighting the wrong enemy all along. But while we're here, we should go after the bastards now, 'cause we're gonna have to fight 'em eventually." Patton

Reactions: CochiseCowbell
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login