OT - Queen of Classic Rock

Who is the queen of classic rock?

• Total voters

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Who is the queen of classic rock? Before you answer Madonna or Cher, they were more about the show than the music. Pick from these or submit your own. Freddie Mercury is not an option.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Where is TayTay?
one gif to sum up her music:

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
WTF? Did you include most of those as classic rock for profiling purposes????

The only two that qualify are Joan Jett and Ann Wilson.

Come on green bean. Do better.
I voted for Christine McVie, but your choices are strong. I understand Stevie Nicks getting so much Love, but like Madonna and Cher, she may have been more about the show than the music.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
One of the best concerts I have ever seen with Joan Jett. She would not only be the best band at the concert she totally surprised me with how good the show she put on was.

I went to see Stevie Nicks and couldn't understand what she said the entire concert.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Nope, she was doing guitar licks while Elvis was still in diapers. Most people have never heard of her. (I didn't until recently.) I'm not saying she was the best ever, but she was most certainly a trailblazer who influenced so many who came after her.
A classic rock act would have had to recorded in the (late) 60s/70s/80s up to the mid 90s, but the bulk of their work would be in the 70s/80s. Doesn't mean your nominee isn't good. just doesn't fit in the classic rock category, neither does Elvis, nor the Beatles. Both are rock, but not classic rock.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
WTF? Did you include most of those as classic rock for profiling purposes????

The only two that qualify are Joan Jett and Ann Wilson.

Come on green bean. Do better.
Typical 17’ing Goat. Goes full on Leroy Jenkins busting into threads claiming everyone is wrong and he is right. It’s called opinion cuntshit. I can understand that you feel like JJ and Wilson are the only true “rock” people on the list but I consider Fleetwood Mac a Rock band. Hard rock? No. But rock yes.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Typical 17’ing Goat. Goes full on Leroy Jenkins busting into threads claiming everyone is wrong and he is right. It’s called opinion cuntshit. I can understand that you feel like JJ and Wilson are the only true “rock” people on the list but I consider Fleetwood Mac a Rock band. Hard rock? No. But rock yes.
Ignore Goat, he is who he is.

The category is classic rock, not hard rock (although there is crossover). I like both, ACDC is in my top 5, but I consider them hard rock, not classic rock,

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You get a like based on cuntshit alone.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
A classic rock act would have had to recorded in the (late) 60s/70s/80s up to the mid 90s, but the bulk of their work would be in the 70s/80s. Doesn't mean your nominee isn't good. just doesn't fit in the classic rock category, neither does Elvis, nor the Beatles. Both are rock, but not classic rock.

Classic means withstanding time and still able to attract. Elvis & Beatles were played around the world today more than Michael Jackson so they are classic and MJ ain't.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

MrUnderhill

Aug 16, 2020

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Classic means withstanding time and still able to attract. Elvis & Beatles were played around the world today more than Michael Jackson so they are classic and MJ ain't.
MJ is 💯% pop. Not classic rock at all.

There may be an argument Price crossed over into classic rock.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Chrissie Hynde!!
Hard to argue being the true leader of a rock n roll band which Not too many females fill that role. Throughout her career she refused requests to show more skin and sexuality even though she had the *Talent " for that too if she had wanted more popularity & $$$.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Hard to argue being the true leader of a rock n roll band which Not too many females fill that role. Throughout her career she refused requests to show more skin and sexuality even though she had the *Talent " for that too if she had wanted more popularity & $$$.

Her voice grinds on me so much. Can't change the song away from a Pretenders (fitting name) one fast enough.

Joan Jett is the queen or rock and roll. Not pop, not heavy metal, not adult contemporary . . . rock and 17'ing roll. I just like (not love) her music, but I can't deny she is the queen!

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Her voice grinds on me so much. Can't change the song away from a Pretenders (fitting name) one fast enough.

Joan Jett is the queen or rock and roll. Not pop, not heavy metal, not adult contemporary . . . rock and 17'ing roll. I just like (not love) her music, but I can't deny she is the queen!
From a creativity and overall musical talent standpoint Jett's not in Hynde's league. Jett has no versatility or originality. Quite basic and boring IMO.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024

From a creativity and overall musical talent standpoint Jett's not in Hynde's league. Jett has no versatility or originality. Quite basic and boring IMO
Who is the queen of classic rock? Before you answer Madonna or Cher, they were more about the show than the music. Pick from these or submit your own. Freddie Mercury is not an option.
Cher had a long career with some decent songs. Madonna has a very pretty voice IMO. But the sex part did play roles in both careers.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Yeah I tried it out a couple of weeks ago and it got past the goalie so it’s gonna be my go to.
its yours dude... i been trying to get creative with a$$ for the last two years and here you are with cuntshit....
cuntshit,cuntshit,cuntshit... i just had to do it once... no more ... its all yours...

• Haha
Reactions: Drebin and mcdawg22
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login