OT: Recommend a closing attorney and home inspector in the Starkville area

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
Paul Picard is who I've been using for home inspections. He is very thorough.

Cory Anthony is usually who I use for my closings.

Aug 28, 2018
Bobby Sorrell with Sorrell Home Inspection in Starkville.

I don't have a recommended closing attorney. Several folks I know have had less than stellar experiences with who trob mentioned.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Cory Anthony has done 3 closings for me and all have been smooth. Unlike a few I've been involved w/ in the past there were no documents that showed up a week later that hadn't been included, no corrections to make, etc.

I've used Bobby Sorrell and its been ok. He used to actively get into it but from what I've been told his health (back problems) has kept him from being as active. The last one he did that I was involved in, the buyers used him and he included items that he didn't include on the property when I bought it and nothing had changed at all since he had done the previous one. So that either makes him getting better???? or inconsistent????

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
Actually Bobby Sorrell wouldn't be allowed on any of my properties. I have found so many issues with his home inspections it's ridiculous.

Cory has always done a great job for me and never have had any issues with everything being handled properly.

Maroonbulldog

Mar 3, 2008
There are several good closing attorneys- Cory Anthony as mentioned earlier. Brown and Langston. Ross and Kelley. And Real Estate Closing Services inc (Jase Dalrymple). RECSI just expanded from Columbus.

Have used them all regularly. ( I am a mortgage lender in Starkville)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login