OT: River stages

MadReb

Oct 3, 2013
What are the rivers like in north Mississippi? Pearl River at Jackson is very high but supposed to crest today. I teach at Murrah and we're being sent home due to low water pressure caused by high water. Some areas of town are flooded.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
What are the rivers like in north Mississippi? Pearl River at Jackson is very high but supposed to crest today. I teach and Murrah and we're being sent home due to low water pressure caused by high water. Some areas of town are flooded.

Only Jackson to be given high water and turn it into low water pressure.*

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Look at the bright side, it will wash away the sewer sludge that's been accumulating everywhere and fill in the pot holes w/ mud to smooth the streets. Terrible for the people that will be flooded out but its not like its a big surprise to anyone anymore in those areas

Hellsyeah

May 22, 2013
Rivers in northeast MS are fine. We haven't gotten anywhere near the amount of rain that you guys down there have

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
About where does the Pearl river start to form? It starts in Miss and if feed from creeks and small rivers.

msubrave

Nov 17, 2015
My property on the Big Black in eastern Warren County is under water. Should drop in plenty of time to plant plots though.

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
What are the rivers like in north Mississippi? Pearl River at Jackson is very high but supposed to crest today. I teach and Murrah and we're being sent home due to low water pressure caused by high water. Some areas of town are flooded.

Im a Murrah alumnus. A long time ago. After MSU and still a bachelor, me and two other guys rented a house in Northeast Jackson. The flood after the bad Easter flood in Jackson the water came up to our door step. In the street it was up to our chest. A lot neighbors got water in their house.

My former deer camp camp off the Natchez Trace north of Ratliff Ferry flooded in 2020. We got about 4” of water in the lodge. Haven’t heard if the lodge got water this time or not.

MadReb

Oct 3, 2013
I could tell you are a Murrah alum. You used "alumnus" instead of "alumni."

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"Sewage lagoons" typically are treated wastewater. Jackson sewage is flowing out of the manholes and down the streets and into people's yards

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login