OT: Russian missiles overshot Ukraine and landed in Poland

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Yeah. I am going to drop a big 17 you to anyone that wants to talk **** about the Polish being on their own if they get drug into this...

They had a pretty good contingency in Iraq with us back in the day and cleared IEDs for yours truly on more than one occasion. No robots either... Just a big swole up 17er walking out there and grabbing them like a possum by the tail.

Also, they had lots of big tittied female troops that are definitely worth saving.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Probably article 4. Poland seems more hawkish than many but doubt they want to knee jerk this to WW3. Use it to weaken Russia's position further.

Reactions: The Fatboy

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Agree it is a serious issue, but don't think much comes out of it. The Ruskies just need to compensation the families.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Don't worry, DoD has everything under control. ;)
sexy kind GIF

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
All joking aside NATO would drive Russia out of Cremean and Ukraine in three days at most. Hell, we would not even need ground pounders. The combine Air Forces of NATO along with Ukraine ground pounders is all it would take. However once NATO inters the Russian Military would take Putin out. I guarantee it. They would take the NUKE keys away. They know what would happen to Russian.

Reactions: vandaldawg

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
All joking aside NATO would drive Russia out of Cremean and Ukraine in three days at most. Hell, we would not even need ground pounders. The combine Air Forces of NATO along with Ukraine ground pounders is all it would take. However once NATO inters the Russian Military would take Putin out. I guarantee it. They would take the NUKE keys away. They know what would happen to Russian.
And So, you gonna bet your life on it?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
And So, you gonna bet your life on it?
I am not advocating for it. I was stating what would happen if NATO did inter. Hell, I am tired of giving Ukraine money and equipment. We have depleted seven years' worth of our own arsenal. With the labor and supply shortage it might take longer to replenish it.

I do think this will pass by without any escalation. It was a mistake and Russia will apologize.

Last edited:

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
Yeah. I am going to drop a big 17 you to anyone that wants to talk **** about the Polish being on their own if they get drug into this...

They had a pretty good contingency in Iraq with us back in the day and cleared IEDs for yours truly on more than one occasion. No robots either... Just a big swole up 17er walking out there and grabbing them like a possum by the tail.

Also, they had lots of big tittied female troops that are definitely worth saving.
I agree. They were side by side with us before that as well, during peacekeeping in Bosnia and subsequently Kosovo, both Polish and Ukrainians.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Put me firmly in the camp of not wanting to send other fellow America's kid to die in a war.
We are treaty obligated to Poland. If we run out on them then NATO collapses. That is exactly what Russia wants. It is also a world that none of us want to live in.
I am not advocating for it. I was stating what would happen if NATO did inter. Hell, I am tired of giving Ukraine money and equipment. We have depleted seven years' worth of our own arsenal. With the labor and supply shortage it might take longer to replenish it.

I do think this will pass by without any escalation. It was a mistake and Russia will apologize.
Well, so far Russia is denying it.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I would say the odds are this was a mistake. That isn't a certainty though. Russia is losing the war and their people are beginning to realize it, there are even cracks showing on state TV there now. This could easily be a deliberate gambit by Putin to fracture the NATO alliance. It could also be that this was a Russian missile that got taken down by Ukraine and the debris, warhead included, landed across the border. It's to early to know for sure, and hopefully no one will jump to any conclusions before acting.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If the politicians would have listened to George Patton this problem would have already been solved.
We would have lost that war, and badly. We didn't have enough nukes at the time to do any serious damage to Russia. We also would have had to deliver nukes with manned bombers into the teeth of what was a pretty formidable Air Force. Nukes would have been the only way to defeat them. The Red Army would have made short work of the Western Allies on the ground.

• Angry
Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Put me firmly in the camp of not wanting to send other fellow America's kid to die in a war.
So, would you rather some Americans grandkids have to die in a war years from now? At some point and time the communists will have to be destroyed and it's going to cost lives. How many lives have been lost in the so called Cold War since 1945? How many lives would have been saved if we wouldn't have stopped at the Elbe river in 1945. We traded Hitler for Stalin and every dictator up until Putin. We all thought Reagan had beaten them with the almighty dollar but we let them up off the mat. Nobody wants to send Americans to die in a foreign country but when is enough enough. A bunch of dead Ukrainians wasn't enough. We're about to find out that a bunch of dead Poles won't be enough. What about Germans, how many of them will be enough? Putin would over run France in a few days, they haven't won a war in 200 years. When do we get involved, the English Channel? Who's going to stop him? As long as he's going west the Chinese aren't going to get involved but you let him try to expand east and see what happens. As I stated in an earlier post, this problem should have been solved many years ago but every politician just keeps kicking the can down the road hoping the problem goes away. So far that hasn't worked very well.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
So, would you rather some Americans grandkids have to die in a war years from now? At some point and time the communists will have to be destroyed and it's going to cost lives. How many lives have been lost in the so called Cold War since 1945? How many lives would have been saved if we wouldn't have stopped at the Elbe river in 1945. We traded Hitler for Stalin and every dictator up until Putin. We all thought Reagan had beaten them with the almighty dollar but we let them up off the mat. Nobody wants to send Americans to die in a foreign country but when is enough enough. A bunch of dead Ukrainians wasn't enough. We're about to find out that a bunch of dead Poles won't be enough. What about Germans, how many of them will be enough? Putin would over run France in a few days, they haven't won a war in 200 years. When do we get involved, the English Channel? Who's going to stop him? As long as he's going west the Chinese aren't going to get involved but you let him try to expand east and see what happens. As I stated in an earlier post, this problem should have been solved many years ago but every politician just keeps kicking the can down the road hoping the problem goes away. So far that hasn't worked very well.
I'm selfishly only worried about people on our own soil. I'm done with the military industrial complex. I'm anti-warhawk. I'm done playing world police.

If you want to go after communists, start with the ones in our country.

Bdog9090

Aug 11, 2008

You over there in 2005? I swear there was a big polish guy that we called in for I.E.D. disposal that acted exactly the same way. Would stop and ask where it was, then would just drive up, grab the damn thing and throw it in the back of his truck.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012

I'll stand with this guy.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
Would it be advisable or possible to create a no fly zone over Ukraine in response to this? Aircraft and missle no fly zone.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
You over there in 2005? I swear there was a big polish guy that we called in for I.E.D. disposal that acted exactly the same way. Would stop and ask where it was, then would just drive up, grab the damn thing and throw it in the back of his truck.
Gotta be him... South of Baghdad near Hillah or Karbala I believe. Unlike US EOD, it took 5-10 minutes. They'd roll up and he would ask where it was. Then he'd walk in to about 50-75 yards.

Then he would lift his binoculars take a peak at the object. Pull the binos down and walk a few steps towards it. Lift the binos back up and look again. Rinse and repeat. Then by the time he got there he'd fumble with it for a minute and like you said chunk it in the back of their vehicle.

17ing legend. It was our favorite AO just because of how quick they got you back on the road. Spent nearly 18 hours waiting on EOD outside Tikrit once. The Polish Robot didn't 17 around.

Last edited:

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
Turn off the TV and read up on what's really going on over there before being so hellbent on sending ours over there.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
So NATO has been called to meet. As I'm seeing, on the news.

They have to meet and posture regardless of what else goes on.

Dec 23, 2017
Our leadership in Europe is pitiful. Our hardware is severely out of date and we have no new equipment coming aboard at all.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Seems pretty clear that the strategy of letting capitalism vs communism wear their @SS out over time has been a winning one. Why stop now?

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
This is the kind of comment you get from someone who has no independent knowledge of what is going on and has been force fed propaganda for decades. I can assure you Putin has no plans for tanks to be rolling on France. The Ukraine situation is very complex and the Ukrainians, particular their current leadership, are far from innocent in the whole thing.
To get a better handle on the situation I would recommend reading up on the coup in Ukraine in 2014 and then the Minsk Accords. Also might want to read up on the history of Crimea and the people who live there.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
This is the kind of comment you get from someone who has no independent knowledge of what is going on and has been force fed propaganda for decades. I can assure you Putin has no plans for tanks to be rolling on France. The Ukraine situation is very complex and the Ukrainians, particular their current leadership, are far from innocent in the whole thing.
To get a better handle on the situation I would recommend reading up on the coup in Ukraine in 2014 and then the Minsk Accords. Also might want to read up on the history of Crimea and the people who live there.
Winter on Fire is a good doc on netflix.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
We would have lost that war, and badly. We didn't have enough nukes at the time to do any serious damage to Russia. We also would have had to deliver nukes with manned bombers into the teeth of what was a pretty formidable Air Force. Nukes would have been the only way to defeat them. The Red Army would have made short work of the Western Allies on the ground.
No need (or want, really) for nukes. The Red Army in May of 1945 was at the bottom of their manpower barrel and having severe issues with replacement personnel. Assuming they get to kick things off (the Red Army of the time required quite a bit of build up in between offensives), with their ultra-heavy tanks and SPGs they would've made some headway until USAAF (and RAF) fighters swept the skies clear and and the heavies of 8AAF (and others) and Bomber Command turned their logistical tail and supporting elements into the WW2-equivalent of the Baghdad Highway. Russia had only a fraction of the Western Allies' heavy bombing capability at the time, and would be outnumbered something on the order of 4 to 1 in the air, while also suffering a quality deficit in both aircraft designs and pilots.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login