OT: Russian missiles overshot Ukraine and landed in Poland

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022

Brew_Dawg

Jun 29, 2018
If s*** hits the fan, I'm confident our military has a lot more firepower in space than what is known so we don't need to deploy troops and tanks. Just hope Putin doesn't 17 around and find out. If he does, then hopefully China backs down. I'm more worried about them than Russia. But with President mashed potatoes, who knows...

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
No need (or want, really) for nukes. The Red Army in May of 1945 was at the bottom of their manpower barrel and having severe issues with replacement personnel. Assuming they get to kick things off (the Red Army of the time required quite a bit of build up in between offensives), with their ultra-heavy tanks and SPGs they would've made some headway until USAAF (and RAF) fighters swept the skies clear and and the heavies of 8AAF (and others) and Bomber Command turned their logistical tail and supporting elements into the WW2-equivalent of the Baghdad Highway. Russia had only a fraction of the Western Allies' heavy bombing capability at the time, and would be outnumbered something on the order of 4 to 1 in the air, while also suffering a quality deficit in both aircraft designs and pilots.
Russian tactical assault aircraft were the best in the world at that time. Their fighters were also quite good. The Red Army dwarfed the Western Allied Armies. Most of their tanks were not super heavy ,but T-34 medium tanks, the best tank in the world in mass use at the time. The only thing we had to compare with that one was the Pershing, and we had very few of those. They had thousands of T-34s. Our artillery was better quality, but they had a hell of a lot more of it, and theirs was very good too. Almost all historians think that war would have been short, and would have resulted in the Soviets on the English Channel. It's something that most Americans don't know, or if they do they won't acknowledge, but the Russians beat the Nazis. That war was decided on the Eastern front. We helped them with supply (trucks were the most important contribution), mostly early on, but they did the fighting and dying. By 1945 they were producing almost all of their own stuff. The Germans were already on an irrevocable retreat in the east by the time D-Day happened. What the Western Allies did was to help end the war probably a year or two earlier than it would have otherwise. We also moved the eventual location of the Iron Curtain from the English Channel to Central Europe. That was every bit as important as defeating the Germans. Imagine a Cold War where ALL of Europe is Soviet.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Russian tactical assault aircraft were the best in the world at that time. Their fighters were also quite good. The Red Army dwarfed the Western Allied Armies. Most of their tanks were not super heavy ,but T-34 medium tanks, the best tank in the world in mass use at the time. The only thing we had to compare with that one was the Pershing, and we had very few of those. They had thousands of T-34s. Our artillery was better quality, but they had a hell of a lot more of it, and theirs was very good too. Almost all historians think that war would have been short, and would have resulted in the Soviets on the English Channel. It's something that most Americans don't know, or if they do they won't acknowledge, but the Russians beat the Nazis. That war was decided on the Eastern front. We helped them with supply (trucks were the most important contribution), mostly early on, but they did the fighting and dying. The Germans were already on an irrevocable retreat in the east by the time D-Day happened. What the Western Allies did was to help end the war probably a year or two earlier than it would have otherwise. We also moved the eventual location of the Iron Curtain from the English Channel to Central Europe. That was every bit as important as defeating the Germans. Imagine a Cold War where ALL of Europe is Soviet.
Case Blue and the push for the oil fields around Baku was what did the Germans in it was just too far out of reach.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
This is the kind of comment you get from someone who has no independent knowledge of what is going on and has been force fed propaganda for decades. I can assure you Putin has no plans for tanks to be rolling on France. The Ukraine situation is very complex and the Ukrainians, particular their current leadership, are far from innocent in the whole thing.
To get a better handle on the situation I would recommend reading up on the coup in Ukraine in 2014 and then the Minsk Accords. Also might want to read up on the history of Crimea and the people who live there.
Yeah I’m not a Russian fan or Putin fan but 17 Ukraine as well.

Reactions: beachbumdawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
This is the kind of comment you get from someone who has no independent knowledge of what is going on and has been force fed propaganda for decades. I can assure you Putin has no plans for tanks to be rolling on France. The Ukraine situation is very complex and the Ukrainians, particular their current leadership, are far from innocent in the whole thing.
To get a better handle on the situation I would recommend reading up on the coup in Ukraine in 2014 and then the Minsk Accords. Also might want to read up on the history of Crimea and the people who live there.
Well, if you want to believe the Russian interpretation of those events then have at it. What you just spouted IS the Russian line EXACTLY.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
So the innocent Ukrainian civilians who are being slaughtered, including women and children, have done something to provoke Putin's war crimes? For that matter, what did the military do to provoke that? Do tell.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login