OT Samsung Refrigerator suuuucks!!!!

jackbaddawg

Nov 16, 2005
My son and I had Samsung big screen TV'go bad within about 6 months apart- both would cost more to fix than get a brand new other brand- No more Samsung for us .

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Always check with appliance repair guys and gals. Tell wifey Sub-zero doesn't cool any better than less pricey brands that can also be repaired quicker. Tell her to get new friends if they sneer at Frigidaire. My guy fixes Bosch so I have one and G.E. (great company discount some time ago) and Frigidaire. Neighbors have high end stuff that doesn't really look or work better and takes longer to repair. Been told to avoid Samsung and LG and their catchy look and feature factors by lots of peeps. Buy from local furniture stores if you no longer get the awesome G.E. discount (so far so good with Maytag washer).

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
The toploads without agitators are fine, so long as you overlook that they don't get your clothes clean and also somehow at the same time don't get the soap out unless you add an extra rinse, which of course defeats the purpose of the water savings.

Main reason is that without the agitators the clothes just sit in the same spot. They don't turn or even submerge if they're near the top. I have to choose an added water function on my new, you guessed it, Samsung just to get the top clothes wet. And somehow shreds clothes worse than the old model too. They clearly were made to fill a sales niche, and it didn't matter that they suck.

My wife already wishes for the bottom of the line washer I had before.

Dryer works fine though.

Good to know. I always hear people complain about front loads but didn't know the top load without agitators sucked. Was planning on getting the topload without agitator whenever the front load craps out, but I guess I'll have to rethink that.

It's amazing that we have managed to make dishwashers, washers, and dryers worse. Our dryer works fine, but it is definitely less effective than our prior low tech one. We would not be able to use our current dryer with our former topload washing machine. That is one thing (the only thing?) the front load does better is get the clothes dryer in the spin cycle.

I will say that the front load is not as terrible once you realize all the places you have to clean. Kept thinking the musty smell was because of the drum and liner and finally realized we needed to clean out where the filter is and behind where the detergent goes (which is somewhat distrubing that running detergent through it non-stop doesn't keep it clean).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login