OT. Service theft deterrent system

oh yeah

Aug 28, 2017
I have a GMC Sierra and lately I’ve had the service anti theft system message pop up. I can’t start the truck. The first couple of times I was able to reinsert the key and it started. I unhooked the battery this weekend and thought it solved the problem until tonight. Stuck in the Pizza Hut parking lot for 30 minutes before I could get it to crank. Any ideas on a solution or am I gonna have to take it in?

oh yeah

Aug 28, 2017
We’ll it’s a company vehicle so I gotta wait til next year.

I haven’t but it uses a key to start. It’s not a ouch to start model so I didn’t think the fob would make a difference.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
There’s a YouTube video on it. I could fix it if it was a Ford. Not sure if the same, but try yt

xxxWalkTheDawg

Oct 21, 2005
I have a GMC Sierra and lately I’ve had the service anti theft system message pop up. I can’t start the truck. The first couple of times I was able to reinsert the key and it started. I unhooked the battery this weekend and thought it solved the problem until tonight. Stuck in the Pizza Hut parking lot for 30 minutes before I could get it to crank. Any ideas on a solution or am I gonna have to take it in?

when something comes up about the key or security… take it straight to the dealer. IF it isn’t something simple like a key fob battery.

the key light came on my infinity and I ignored it for a while. I thought the security may have been disabled or something.

wrong! A security computer module was going out and it gave up one day out of town. There was nothing I could do to start it, not even pushing it in the key fob slot. It had to be towed to the Nissan dealer and they had to order a 1,200 dollar part. Good thing I stayed with the car because the tow guy was going to tow my AWD car with the front wheels down. That would have been another disaster.

It would have been non fixable myself because they have to program the part to the particular car it goes in.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login