OT: SimpliSafe security system

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Anybody got one of these and have an opinion, good or bad? Been looking at them.

notoriousD_O_G

Apr 1, 2013
I've had one for about 5 years. Very easy to install and it works very well. When I got mine they would ship the base station with either a Verizon or T-Mobile card. I'm not sure what they offer now but make sure you get something that gets service at your house.

Boone.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
Great system. No wires, no land line required, and easy install. You'll just have to change the batteries periodically.

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
I've had one for about 5 years. Very easy to install and it works very well. When I got mine they would ship the base station with either a Verizon or T-Mobile card. I'm not sure what they offer now but make sure you get something that gets service at your house.

Is it monitored? Monthly fee? I have Blink cameras that I like, but also have to pay for separate alarm system monitoring for break in and fire.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Yes, you can pay for monitoring if you choose. Mine cost $29.95/month. Has went up $10 the last two to three years.

robert38606

Sep 8, 2012
Anybody got one of these and have an opinion, good or bad? Been looking at them.

Abode smart home features blow away Simply Safe, and it integrates with more ecosystems. It's also super easy to install. I have had it for close to ten years now. Lower fees than simply safe too. Check it out. www.goabode.com

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Abode smart home features blow away Simply Safe, and it integrates with more ecosystems. It's also super easy to install. I have had it for close to ten years now. Lower fees than simply safe too. Check it out. www.goabode.com

Thank you… I’ll check that out

dawgdoug1962

Oct 14, 2013
Another vote for SimplySafe after five+ years....easy to install (i'm now 82) and keep up to date. Get messages through the app if motion detected and camera engaged anywhere I am. Can set for 'home' or ' away'..when 'away' mode there is a motion detector in our den in case someone still gets inside.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login