OT: SNL Greenville SC Today skit

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
FYI - I'm sure very few saw it as the show now $ucks and the audience is minimal.
Really terrible skit but Greenville is now on the radar.

Crutcher

Feb 2, 2022
FYI - I'm sure very few saw it as the show now $ucks and the audience is minimal.
Really terrible skit but Greenville is now on the radar.

I don't get why they chose Greenville. There was nothing in the skit about Greenville at all,???

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I don't get why they chose Greenville. There was nothing in the skit about Greenville at all,???
Didn't watch the whole skit. Watched about the first minute and saw it was just going to be people taking with horrible, generic southern accents. Doesn't sound like South Carolina at all.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Wow, I'm not even sure what the point of that was. I'm fine with joking about southerners and our quirks and saying (or any other group, for that matter), but aren't the jokes supposed to be funny? If they wanted to do a funny skit about southerners, they should have done it when Nate Bergatze was on there a couple of months ago. He could have nailed it.

Reactions: will110

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Typical southern mockery with bad accents - Greenville was the lucky chosen moniker for some terrible attempts at being funny.

Reactions: will110

ClassOf95

Joined Sep 30, 2001 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 19, 2022
I thought it was mildly funny, because my 14 year old son has been telling me about the beef between Drake and Kendrick Lamar. I know just slightly more about that beef than the "morning show" folks portrayed in the skit. To me, that was the funny part, they had no clue.

The reaction I'm seeing in this thread is what I expected years ago when I first saw Talladega Nights the legend of Ricky Bobby. I thought to myself, my relatives and friends who are NASCAR fans are not going to like this. I was wrong about that, my family and friends found it pretty funny, as did I.

Last edited:

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
Wow, I'm not even sure what the point of that was. I'm fine with joking about southerners and our quirks and saying (or any other group, for that matter), but aren't the jokes supposed to be funny? If they wanted to do a funny skit about southerners, they should have done it when Nate Bergatze was on there a couple of months ago. He could have nailed it.
That was incredibly stupid. What a waste of 5 minutes of my life.

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
Typical - the Democrats and liberals now represent the elite, who think they are better than the rest of us.