OT: Solar Eclipse

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
Be careful. Read where a woman is almost totally blind after viewing with el-cheapo glasses she bought somewhere.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Anybody got plans for the upcoming eclipse, and how you plan to get back home in time to watch us play for the NC later that night?

I waited later than I should have to book rooms, got one in Searcy, AR and one near Paducah, KY. Haven't really researched where I want to set up at for actually watching it. I didn't travel to see the last one so don't want to miss this one if weather is good. Main advice I've gotten is be prepared for major traffic jams afterwards, no gas, nowhere to eat, etc. I'm kind of thinking southern IL may be a little less crowded than Arkansas --- seems like Arkansas has marketed this a lot more.
Saw the last one from a mtn top cabin in NC. Very cool. This one will be total quite a bit longer. I have a hotel booked in Dallas, but I think I’m going to cancel.

if you have a chance, do it. one of the coolest things I’ve seen.

And if you happen to be in a 98-99% totality area…please make a short drive to 100%. No matter what anyone says…it’s no comparison.

Last edited:

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Think I'll sit it out and watch it on TV next day. Any solar or lunar ones I've ever watched were just very underwhelming. Definitely not traveling anywhere
You’ve never seen one. How can you be underwhelmed? TV don’t count son.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You’ve never seen one. How can you be underwhelmed? TV don’t count son.
"Son", I said any solar or lunar I've ever watched were underwhelming which covers all the solar and lunar ones I have seen in my 60 plus years. From WIKI, "during the 21st century, there will be 224 solar eclipses of which 77 will be partial, 72 will be annular, 68 will be total and 7 will be hybrids between total and annular eclipses. For instance NASA says there will be a total of 22 solar eclipses from 2021-2030 alone."

ALL of the ones (solar or lunar) I have seen were very underwhelming for me, lots of hype for nothing. It's like watching a fireworks show, everybody "oooohs and aaaaaahs" for a few minutes then goes home and forgets about it.

Again, I hope everyone that takes the time and money to go enjoys it, but for me its still a nope, not something I'm interested in, "son" .

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
Does not interest me either. It is light, then dark, then light again.
I hope everyone that goes to see the eclipse finds what they are looking for.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
"Son", I said any solar or lunar I've ever watched were underwhelming which covers all the solar and lunar ones I have seen in my 60 plus years. From WIKI, "during the 21st century, there will be 224 solar eclipses of which 77 will be partial, 72 will be annular, 68 will be total and 7 will be hybrids between total and annular eclipses. For instance NASA says there will be a total of 22 solar eclipses from 2021-2030 alone."

ALL of the ones (solar or lunar) I have seen were very underwhelming for me, lots of hype for nothing. It's like watching a fireworks show, everybody "oooohs and aaaaaahs" for a few minutes then goes home and forgets about it.

Again, I hope everyone that takes the time and money to go enjoys it, but for me its still a nope, not something I'm interested in, "son" .
So you have been in the path of totality before? If so and you were underwhelmed, I feel bad for you son….I got 99…oops.

I agree that lunar eclipses are meh. Partial solar are kinda cool, but not stupendous. Total ..very cool.

Reactions: patdog

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
So you have been in the path of totality before? If so and you were underwhelmed, I feel bad for you son….I got 99…oops.

I agree that lunar eclipses are meh. Partial solar are kinda cool, but not stupendous. Total ..very cool.
I never said once that I "had been in the path of totality before". Your reading comprehension failed you, son

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login