(OT) - Sort of. Anybody see the end game interview of the Miami player?

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
No doubt they were celebrating and it was crazy but what was said on air still goes to show you that Miami is still "thug U"

I won't repeat what was said. The announcers didn't even apologize. They just rolled with it...... <smh>

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
Didn't see that but I did see the Vanderbilt QB post game interview by our own Alyssa Lang. After upsetting Bama he thanked God and then dropped an F bomb on live TV.

BvilleCock

Sep 1, 2023
E
Didn't see that but I did see the Vanderbilt QB post game interview by our own Alyssa Lang. After upsetting Bama he thanked God and then dropped an F bomb on live TV.
Exactly. I heard it live. Take one side or the other. Great story until I heard it.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
I saw that too but thought maybe I mis-heard him considering his whole "God" speech. (Which I didn't mind btw) Then I could have sworn he also dropped the "SH..." bomb , but again, it was so crazy, I thought I maybe mis-heard him.

Miami dude dropped at least one "N" word bomb as another one of his teammates came to celebrate with him....something along the lines of "Yeah..."N" word..." - then I really couldn't understand what he was saying because I didn't care and turned it off. Heart breaker for Cal.

I won't judge too harshly because in reality they are young men still learning. We learned faster.... whoopings will do that. Rapidly. Lol. Hopefully these kids learn better decorum and better control of their emotions as they go. I'm sure they will. I've just never really liked Miami after Jimmy left. They were Spurriers Gators before Spurriers Gators. After Jimmy left they really became Thug U. (Yes, I know he created it to a degree) but it got much worse after Jimmy. Admired Warren Sapp for the player he was but never really cared for Warren the person. All water under the bridge. Kids. Sheeesh.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Here's Miami's final drive.
Is the Miami receiver not guilty of a block in the back/tacking penalty, against the Cal defender trying to tackle the receiver on the TD?

Miami Hurricanes' Game-Winning Drive Against Cal (youtube.com)
No he is not,
#2 (Miami)engages in a block, the Cal defender slides to the inside of the block, at which point his momentum starts to take him forward to the ground, while the Miami player is falling down on top of his extended legs
Replay it, then you can pause at each sequence of the play to see it is not tackling or a block in the back.
You can also see the line judge staring directly into the play from the sidelines.

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
No he is not,
#2 (Miami)engages in a block, the Cal defender slides to the inside of the block, at which point his momentum starts to take him forward to the ground, while the Miami player is falling down on top of his extended legs
Replay it, then you can pause at each sequence of the play to see it is not tackling or a block in the back.
You can also see the line judge staring directly into the play from the sidelines.
Yep, I see the block but the falling on the legs of the defender appears to impede his ability to make the tackle.
Great comeback by Miami. Allowing that long run after the catch to begin the drive looked like something we would allow.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Yep, I see the block but the falling on the legs of the defender appears to impede his ability to make the tackle.
Great comeback by Miami. Allowing that long run after the catch to begin the drive looked like something we would allow.
He is falling on the legs, but as I noted in my earlier post at that point it becomes incidental contact.
The 70+ yard catch was a basic deep crossing route, and #7 for Miami (that dude is money) just keep running till he got tackled from behind.
Does sound like something that could happen to us at the worst possible time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login