OT: Southwest Vouchers

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I have $600 in Southwest vouchers that I can't use. They expire on June 15th meaning that any travel you use the vouchers on has to be completed by then. With the research I have done, I can't sell them, but I can give them away. Send me a message if interested with what Mississippi State means to you, favorite Bulldog memories, etc in case I have to choose.

lutedog

Feb 27, 2006
Here is a bit of a workaround that has worked for me in the past. Book a flight with your voucher, then cancel it. This will turn your voucher into ‘Travel Funds.’ Once the travel funds expire, call Southwest and they will re-issue the travel funds as a voucher (with a 6-month extended expiration date) for a $100 fee. So, you should be able to end up with around $500 in vouchers extended for another 6 months. Having said that, I’m happy to use them by 6/15 if you don’t want to deal with that or don’t have travel plans in the next 6 months!

Last edited:

Lildoggy

Aug 21, 2012
Here’s my story…

I have $600 in Southwest vouchers that I can't use. They expire on June 15th meaning that any travel you use the vouchers on has to be completed by then. With the research I have done, I can't sell them, but I can give them away. Send me a message if interested with what Mississippi State means to you, favorite Bulldog memories, etc in case I have to choose.

Live in Houston, TX. All my family went to MSU. Love the dawgs so much I’ve been to every home game since 1997. My daughter is currently enrolled at MSU.

You know how we get there. Southwest!

Raiderdawg.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
Call and ask for an extension. Say something like, “with coming out of the pandemic and everything happening, I don’t know if we will be able to use by then.”

They have been pretty good about giving extensions, especially for vouchers you got during the past 2 years. It’s worth a shot.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login