OT Summer Thread: Least favorite holes in golf

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Have you ever played Perdido Bay? There is a hole on that course that’s on my list because it has GPS carts and when it’s cart path only the cart will inevitably shut down because you have to cross the fairway to go from one path to the next.
I haven’t played there but I had a similar experience at The Ole Miss University course. Carts would shut down if you got too close to the green but there was no signs indicating where that line was. The distance varied from hole to hole.

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
I guess I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've played, but I can guarantee I've never played the hole I'm thinking of with less than a 5-iron. In my mind it's always played 185 or more. I'm pretty sure it's #2, right after the easy little dogleg right #1, correct?
Yes. It is a skinny green. Usually about 170 from what I recall.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
12 at Augusta National. Last few times I played it, pin was set on the right, playing around 155-160. I usually hit a knock down 9 right at it, but that pin location gets me every time.

Green is perched a bit, so if I catch it fat, it rolls back into the drink. If I blade it, I’m laying on a downhill lie, 6-8 feet above the hole. Nearly impossible to get up and down.

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login