OT: The finger pointing continues in the welfare lawsuit

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Maybe hiding in the open is the strategy?

“If, as MDHS falsely alleges, Favre was part of a conspiracy, it was the most public and open conspiracy in Mississippi history, it was directed and carried out by MDHS itself to transfer funds from one public state entity to another, Southern Miss, and it was vetted and approved by numerous lawyers and State officials,” Favre’s motion reads.

https://mississippitoday.org/2023/02/10/brett-favre-phil-bryant-volleyball-lawsuit/

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
bold GIF

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Did I hear correctly that Favre is suing Pat McAfee over comments he made in a podcast?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
The fact remains, if Brett was almost every one of us here, he would be looking at significant time in a FEDERAL penitentiary.

Reactions: vandaldawg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The fact remains, if Brett was almost every one of us here, he would be looking at significant time in a FEDERAL penitentiary.
He needs to pay all the money back, shut up and go away. There’s nothing good about his name being in the news and likely never will be. Quit digging that hole Brett!

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I recall seeing an e-mail exchange between Favre and a politician (Gov?) where the politician says no can do because of illegality. So did Favre continue to persist after that? Did Favre push and receive the illegal funds while knowing they were coming from a welfare account? If so, he needs to do time and paying the money back should not get him outta legal trouble nor should any beaurocrat who was involved get outta doing some time either IMO.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
ESPN’s ticker last night stated that Favre paid all the money back. I was under the impression that he still owes. Either way, he should’ve just quietly let this go away. What an idiot.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
ESPN’s ticker last night stated that Favre paid all the money back. I was under the impression that he still owes. Either way, he should’ve just quietly let this go away. What an idiot.
He paid back the million or so that he was paid for speaking appearances that never happened but he still owes the interest on that and as far as I’m concerned he owes for the complete cost of the volleyball arena.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
We should NOT let this just quietly go away. Instead, we must fight to make sure this schit doesn't happen anymore and put the guilty behind bars where they belong. Consent of The Governed being a lost dream is the problem that should concern all Patriots.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
We should NOT let this just quietly go away. Instead, we must fight to make sure this schit doesn't happen anymore and put the guilty behind bars where they belong. Consent of The Governed being a lost dream is the problem that should concern all Patriots.
Please don’t misunderstand. I hope everybody involved gets what’s coming to them. But it probably would’ve been in HIS best interest to STFU.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Under what theory? If it’s true he didn’t have a personal obligation to fund the volleyball arena, I’m really not sure how they can stick him for not doing the job of state officials.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Please don’t misunderstand. I hope everybody involved gets what’s coming to them. But it probably would’ve been in HIS best interest to STFU.
I've always dug Favre and respected him from an athletic standpoint and still do. I also like the way he hangs out and stays in tune to Mississippi. I may vote Repub but it's sure as schit ain't cuz I'm in blind love with the party. Bad is Bad no matter which side of the isle it happpens on. It's sad so many think these things are no big deal.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Under what theory? If it’s true he didn’t have a personal obligation to fund the volleyball arena, I’m really not sure how they can stick him for not doing the job of state officials.
If he knowingly pressured beaurocrats and politicans into the illegal withdrawal of funds not set aside for volley ball enhancements and things designed for that nature, then that is no theory, it is breaking the law plain and simple.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Oh come on, if I had helped divert welfare funds so that MSU could build the next set of lofts in the outfield they would lock me up and throw away the key.

dawgdr

Feb 27, 2008
Oh come on, if I had helped divert welfare funds so that MSU could build the next set of lofts in the outfield they would lock me up and throw away the key.
Maybe hiding in the open is the strategy?

“If, as MDHS falsely alleges, Favre was part of a conspiracy, it was the most public and open conspiracy in Mississippi history, it was directed and carried out by MDHS itself to transfer funds from one public state entity to another, Southern Miss, and it was vetted and approved by numerous lawyers and State officials,” Favre’s motion reads.

https://mississippitoday.org/2023/02/10/brett-favre-phil-bryant-volleyball-lawsuit/

• Wow
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
These are the Acts that can provoke Anarchy and Violent Mahem as they SHOULD. The fact we've gone to accepting this as simply "The cost of doing business" has the foundation of a culture whose losing its backbone. Tolerance of Evil is destroying our society on mulitple levels and fronts.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Brett can afford the lawyers to get him out of this mess. He'll eventually cop a walk but may have to turn over some coin to do so. Such is the advantage of money and fame. Those other schmucks, that don't have Brett's financial power, will be made examples of. Such is the order of things folks.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login