OT: The Greatest High School Course Ever Devised

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I just read in the local paper that our local high school offered a class where every graduate had 20+ job offers at $60K plus per year.

Screen Shot 2023-06-02 at 3.23.21 PM.png

You read that correctly. A one hour course where you get a free CDL and learn how to elk hunt. WTF was I doing taking latin? 17ing latin is useless as títs on a bull.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I took two years of French and I remember exactly one word. La Piss In or however it's spelled is a swimming pool. The ten year old in me thinks that is funny as hail.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I took two years of French and I remember exactly one word. La Piss In or however it's spelled is a swimming pool. The ten year old in me thinks that is funny as hail.
I remember random things about my two years of French. ADIEU is my go-to wordle starter. I remember some random **** here and there like fromage (cheese), the (tea) and the names of the calendar months. But, damn, learning French is about the most useless thing ever. There’s no reason for most people to move to France.

Spanish would have served me so much better.

OP mentioned Latin…. It’s the base of Romance languages, and you could either be a lawyer, doctor or spelling bee champ. Either way, eleventy billion times more useful than French.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login