OT - The Last of US - Spoiler

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I haven't played the game, but are you saying it goes woke in season two? We have a woke zombie video game?
Many have made that argument, yes. The second game was pretty controversial. If the TV show follows that story, it’s going to be extremely polarizing.

Reactions: GomJabbar

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Many have made that argument, yes. The second game was pretty controversial. If the TV show follows that story, it’s going to be extremely polarizing.
Please tell me that you're saying there will be gay and non-binary zombies. This is exactly what our society needs.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Yeah, there was definitely some backlash related to that, but I’ll be honest. My dislike of the second game had nothing to do with wokeness. It was due to the fact that the writers miraculously found a way to take virtually every major character in the story and left me hating them all by story’s end. Just complete **** storytelling after Part 1 was one of the best I’d seen in years.

Dec 9, 2022
The issue to me is they wasted almost a whole episode, of what i was expecting to be an action series, on a romance. The romance could have easily be wrapped up in a few minutes. Would have loved to have seen much more of the scene where his compound is getting attacked.
I can say, based on my personal research, that it is entirely possible to begin a romance and wrap it up in the span of a few minutes.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah, there was definitely some backlash related to that, but I’ll be honest. My dislike of the second game had nothing to do with wokeness. It was due to the fact that the writers miraculously found a way to take virtually every major character in the story and left me hating them all by story’s end. Just complete **** storytelling after Part 1 was one of the best I’d seen in years.
I feel similarly. The story felt like a big step down from the first game to me.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I actually liked Episode 3 more than Episode 2. Nick Offerman did a great job. And as far as the romance angle goes, it seems like it was pretty important to plot development actually, despite what some of you may feel. Bill’s message at the end to Joel was pretty cool.

I’ve seen zombie apocalypse shows before, no need to rehash those. If you want that, go re-watch the first 2-3 seasons of The Walking Dead. My favorite part of the episode was Bill going out and immediately scavenging for fuel, food, and building supplies. To each their own, I suppose.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Was really into The Last of Us before "last" night. The first two episodes were fast moving and action packed, most of last night's episode was a love story. They could have easily made that part less than 15 minutes and we could have gotten back to the action. I realize they are trying to educate us mouth breathers on how wonderful homosexual relationships are, but I just don't think folks are wanting romance out of these type shows, especially when the almost the entire episode is about he romance./SPOILER]
It's the Walking Dead, but with faster zombies.

Tigerpro2a

Aug 4, 2021
Just finished Ep 3 and wantd to post before reading this.

What a beautifully done episode.

The bad- Ron Swanson supposed to be this bad *** Self proclaimed "survivalist" yet when they get raided he avoids all the nice Semi Auto rifles and weapons more suitable for Combat for a bolt action 30-06 with a scope....stands in the wide open in the rain and takes them on.....Horrible writing at that part. Jut plain stupid

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Just finished Ep 3 and wantd to post before reading this.

What a beautifully done episode.

The bad- Ron Swanson supposed to be this bad *** Self proclaimed "survivalist" yet when they get raided he avoids all the nice Semi Auto rifles and weapons more suitable for Combat for a bolt action 30-06 with a scope....stands in the wide open in the rain and takes them on.....Horrible writing at that part. Jut plain stupid
I noticed that too. He'd have a well-concealed/fortified snipers perch to defend the compound, certainly wouldn't be out in the open. The attack wouldn't have gone down like that either. They would have sent a probing force in to set off the booby traps, the main body wouldn't have attacked until most of the booby traps were exposed. They could have really had some scenes depicting the attack and defense of the compound. They would have reconned the compound for a few days and likely tried to snipe Ron Swanson and his partner before the attack.

Last edited:

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
I noticed that too. He'd have a well-concealed/fortified snipers perch to defend the compound, certainly wouldn't be out in the open. The attack wouldn't have gone down like that either. They would have sent a probing force in to set off the booby traps, the main body wouldn't have attacked until most of the booby traps were exposed. They could have really had some scenes depicting the attack and defense of the compound. They would have reconned the compound for a few days and likely tried to snipe Ron Swanson and his partner before the attack.
They chose to focus the episode on a different sort of probing attack altogether

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I’m curious if episodes like 3 are budget savers. Not a whole lot of CGI needed. 6 actors. Only one set. GOT and HOTD do episodes like this that don’t really advance a story and are under the guise of building characters and back story, but I think they are really just penny pinching episodes. The only series that really did the down episodes well was Band of Brothers.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login