OT: the moon

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
star wars that's no moon GIF

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Used to have an employee that was certain there were two moons. A daytime moon and a nighttime moon.
There’s this book called 1Q84 where there are two moons and one is green, then another called Seveneves where there are seven for a while. I’ve never met a two mooner but did meet a flat earther in Jackson Hole. He was a pretty normal Uber driver until the last five minutes when he said, “It sucks that the billionaires are tricking everyone that the world is round.”

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Used to have an employee that was certain there were two moons. A daytime moon and a nighttime moon.

I had a co-worker who was the epitome of a lovable 17up who you were constantly frustrated with while simultaneously rooting for.
He said so many eye-bleedingly dumb things in the 3 years he lasted at the company that it hurts to sit and try to remember which was dumbest.

Anyways, one of his harmless theories was about Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. He was convinced to the core that Reese's had 2 different recipes for their individual cups(Halloween style packing) and one recipe had more oil in it. That was how he explained that sometimes you got a Cup with a slight sheen on the top of the chocolate while other times you got a Cup where both the chocolate and peanut butter were dry.

Not sure why that has stuck with me more than 12 years later, but I think it may be because he basically announced this in front of a Bullpen style office where 45 people all heard him. I swear there people in the middle of calls who dropped their phones to the floor and froze in disbelief.
Ha, that dude was such a lovable dummy.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
There’s this book called 1Q84 where there are two moons and one is green, then another called Seveneves where there are seven for a while. I’ve never met a two mooner but did meet a flat earther in Jackson Hole. He was a pretty normal Uber driver until the last five minutes when he said, “It sucks that the billionaires are tricking everyone that the world is round.”
I like a lot of Haruki Murakami’s work but I’ve stayed away from reading this one. It’s gotten a lot of bad reviews but it’s also really popular.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I had a co-worker who was the epitome of a lovable 17up who you were constantly frustrated with while simultaneously rooting for.
He said so many eye-bleedingly dumb things in the 3 years he lasted at the company that it hurts to sit and try to remember which was dumbest.

Anyways, one of his harmless theories was about Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. He was convinced to the core that Reese's had 2 different recipes for their individual cups(Halloween style packing) and one recipe had more oil in it. That was how he explained that sometimes you got a Cup with a slight sheen on the top of the chocolate while other times you got a Cup where both the chocolate and peanut butter were dry.

Not sure why that has stuck with me more than 12 years later, but I think it may be because he basically announced this in front of a Bullpen style office where 45 people all heard him. I swear there people in the middle of calls who dropped their phones to the floor and froze in disbelief.
Ha, that dude was such a lovable dummy.
Um....and?

I get that it's almost certainly just environmental differences that lead to it, but is his theory so far fetched? It's entirely possible that Reeses runs multiple factories or runs where different ingredients or recipes are used.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login