OT: The new redneck status symbol. Move over, Yeti...

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I went the other way. Moved from Saucony to Brooks and loved my Brooks but a friend recommended Hoka. Liked Hoka but not as much as Brooks then I googled most comfortable shoe and landed on On Cloud. I love them. I’m a big dude but walk a ton and don’t really sit down a lot when I am out and about. I stand the entire time at my daughter’s soccer games for instance. I wore them all this season and my feet felt better than they ever had at tournaments.
I’ll throw one out for you: No Bull. Most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn. Like house shoes. I don’t run. They’re not good for that.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The way I see Dave Ramsey is he sacrifices the front end of life for the good of the back end. Most people want to have fun while they're physically able, so they go into debt at a young age. His advice isn't pleasant but it will guarantee you are comfortable in your retirement years. There's a lot of folks out there in their 70s who work because they have to, not because they want to.
Kinda. I think though he's also saying hey, keep doing that and you'll never retire, you'll work til you die. Which is fine if that's what you want. And they don't realize that because they're not being realistic about their long term finances. He doesn't seem to be aiming his stuff at 20 somethings.

Plus a lot of his schtick is aimed at people in a debt spiral. They need help both living within their means, and best fixing the mess they've put themselves in.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Oh man, as a runner who goes through ~3 pair / year I try to support the local shoe stores. But now half their stock are On shoes and then a little of everything else - but those others are just displayed and probably not in stock, they'll have to order it. I'm like never mind, I can just order it off amazon too for a better price.

Back on topic - I cannot bring myself to spend over $30 on a cap. And I sure as hell won't order one online. Hard for me to find one that fits the way I like.
They’re okay shoes but definitely not worth the price they ask for. It’s just most people don’t know how bad shoes are and then they pay $200+ for comfortable shoes and they think they hit the jackpot. If anyone pays over $100 for any shoes, they’ve been suckered.

It’s status for sure.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Over the past couple years, it's been these foam pool bags (Boggs) have been the status symbol for soccer moms everywhere. $60 for a bag that cost 50 cents to make. Ridiculous. Before that, it was Yeti coolers.

The new product that fools everywhere (especially in the southeast) are going to overpay for are hats.

Meet Melin hats. I'm seeing too many people paying $60-70 for "a good hat".

These hats are now showing up in my youtube feed...

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
When I’m leaving my shopping cart in the parking lot I roll up in my new jeep wagon Got a 7 yea…gets my payments down where I need them. I got on my Melin cap On Cloud shoes drinking from my Stanley. Roll home to my big 5500 Sq ft home (got one more year at low rate before it jumps) and pour a blantons ….hang on the dang Credit Card company calling again, I’ll post more after I get this past due minimum taken care of

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
When I’m leaving my shopping cart in the parking lot I roll up in my new jeep wagon Got a 7 yea…gets my payments down where I need them. I got on my Melin cap On Cloud shoes drinking from my Stanley. Roll home to my big 5500 Sq ft home (got one more year at low rate before it jumps) and pour a blantons ….hang on the dang Credit Card company calling again, I’ll post more after I get this past due minimum taken care of
Username checks out

Reactions: dorndawg

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Poorspackspeak .com.

I got a pair of maroon OnClouds I'm throwing out if y'all want them. I'll leave them at Dorman Aug 4.*****

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Neighbor has one (black edition). I'm sure they are over-leveraged. I rode it the day they bought it. All the cheap plastics creaked going down the road. Everything around the dash felt like it was made of cheap materials. Not sure if the wood was real. It felt very Chrysler. A metric ton of space, but I don't see holding up.
That is typical of any Dodge, Chrysler and formerly Plymouth products. I honestly think they have some of the best looking products on the road but they are by fast the cheapest put together and simply don't hold up

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They look OK; I have never gotten entirely on board with a new style of flat hats. I don't like old trucker hats big enough to put two heads in either, but damn, I just miss the old curved hat we used to wear in the 80s and early 90s. Mow my yard and get off my lawn, but flat caps look weird.

Reactions: Double Dawg

JoeSchmedlap

May 28, 2023
I went the other way. Moved from Saucony to Brooks and loved my Brooks but a friend recommended Hoka. Liked Hoka but not as much as Brooks then I googled most comfortable shoe and landed on On Cloud. I love them. I’m a big dude but walk a ton and don’t really sit down a lot when I am out and about. I stand the entire time at my daughter’s soccer games for instance. I wore them all this season and my feet felt better than they ever had at tournaments.
I bought a pair of On Cloud with high expectations. They look good, but I’ve got Sketchers that are way mo comfy. I’ve got one pair of Hokas that feel great on my feet and another pair that are just awful (different styles). Shoe fit and comfort just varies greatly from one person to the next.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login