OT: Thermal rifle scopes

Palmettodog

Aug 22, 2012
Does anybody have any experience with a thermal scope? I'm looking at a ATN THOR LT 320 2-4x.

This would be my first thermal and I'm using it for short to medium range hog hunting. Some of the prices on these things are insane.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I've used their monocles and scopes for predator hunting. Both worked well. They take getting use to. You'll probably be a little underwhelmed with the field of view when first get started, but realize if you aren't using military grade stuff, that's what you get.

Personally, we found that using monocles for spotting and then green/red hunting lights worked best in real world scenarios.

Palmettodog

Aug 22, 2012
Yeah the NV scopes are a lot less expensive and I have 2nd gen monocle but it's pretty limited on range and contrast. This ATN model seems nice and has all the features I need without some of the other BS additions. Still pricey. It's going on Ruger 6.5 Creedmoor, Magpul stock. Strictly for hogs and coyotes.

Sep 15, 2009
Yeah the NV scopes are a lot less expensive and I have 2nd gen monocle but it's pretty limited on range and contrast. This ATN model seems nice and has all the features I need without some of the other BS additions. Still pricey. It's going on Ruger 6.5 Creedmoor, Magpul stock. Strictly for hogs and coyotes.
Dang. You really have to want to shoot Coyotes and Hogs to drop that coin on a scope just for that.

Palmettodog

Aug 22, 2012
Don't judge.

The scope also has a quick detach and can be used as a monocle. They work great for tracking.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login