OT: thief gets away in Jackson, because potholes

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I've been posting since '05, bub. You just don't recognize me. I'm sorry that happened to you and your family. Sounds like a ****** situation that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

I was held at knife point in Ridgeland once. It was scary. I thought the guy was going to kill me after he took my money. I don't blame Ridgeland, though, I blame that ******* who did it. Are there more ******** that may rob you in Jackson than some other places? Yeah I'd say so. You could say the same about Chicago, one of my favorite towns. But you act like it was "the city's" fault when that's just not so, and that we should just nuke the place and all the people in it.

You packed up and moved. Good for you. Some people choose to stay and want to try to make it better. Everyone gets to choose.

My post earlier was just pointing out that the only topics you post on are negative Jackson threads. Surely there's something negative about MSU sports you could comment on once in a while. Come on, it's fun, we all do it.

catvet

May 11, 2009
I've been posting since '05, bub. You just don't recognize me. I'm sorry that happened to you and your family. Sounds like a ****** situation that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

I was held at knife point in Ridgeland once. It was scary. I thought the guy was going to kill me after he took my money. I don't blame Ridgeland, though, I blame that ******* who did it. Are there more ******** that may rob you in Jackson than some other places? Yeah I'd say so. You could say the same about Chicago, one of my favorite towns. But you act like it was "the city's" fault when that's just not so, and that we should just nuke the place and all the people in it.

You packed up and moved. Good for you. Some people choose to stay and want to try to make it better. Everyone gets to choose.

My post earlier was just pointing out that the only topics you post on are negative Jackson threads. Surely there's something negative about MSU sports you could comment on once in a while. Come on, it's fun, we all do it.

Actually, I post in a few from time to time that don't involve the Crapitol City, but I am going to take a shot at Jackson every, single time. Jackson has done numerous things that have brough it into being a 3rd world city. Never hiring enough police, never electing competent leadership, having elected officials telling citizens of certain races to leave, hiring incompetent personnel to run departments, being inable to make competent decisions, squandering Federal dollars, being unable to develop a competent strategy to repair roads, infighting that leads to courts having to get involved in garbage collections, numerous city councilmen indited and sent to jail, the inability to provide citizens drinking water and the list goes on. I don't, want Jackson to stop being the clown on fire disaster that it is in its heart and hopefully burns to the ground one day. Have a good day.

To give MSU takes, her are a couple. Our men's basketball team hasn't got on bit of offensive talent which is why I doubt we even got the the NIT or other watered-down tournaments this year. I appreciate Dillon Johnson for what he gave to this team for three years, but he has become a hostage taker. He can go somewhere else and take his talent.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Actually, I post in a few from time to time that don't involve the Crapitol City, but I am going to take a shot at Jackson every, single time. Jackson has done numerous things that have brough it into being a 3rd world city. Never hiring enough police, never electing competent leadership, having elected officials telling citizens of certain races to leave, hiring incompetent personnel to run departments, being inable to make competent decisions, squandering Federal dollars, being unable to develop a competent strategy to repair roads, infighting that leads to courts having to get involved in garbage collections, numerous city councilmen indited and sent to jail, the inability to provide citizens drinking water and the list goes on. I don't, want Jackson to stop being the clown on fire disaster that it is in its heart and hopefully burns to the ground one day. Have a good day.

To give MSU takes, her are a couple. Our men's basketball team hasn't got on bit of offensive talent which is why I doubt we even got the the NIT or other watered-down tournaments this year. I appreciate Dillon Johnson for what he gave to this team for three years, but he has become a hostage taker. He can go somewhere else and take his talent.
You are right Jackson has problems. Anything constructive to add? I didn't think so. As to the heart of the people of Jackson I can promise that despite all the issues you just mentioned there are people here with good hearts full of love that work to make the city a better place each day. So on behalf of the people of Jackson that are trying to make this place better 17 you man for saying it should burn to the ground. The fact that your family experienced issues is something I can promise all the good people of Jackson are very embarrassed by. None of us like for our city to have the issues you have so eloquently brought forth. That also does not mean we sit on our hands and just say it is over.

I can already hear the push back. Well that is not my experience with Jackson, and for that I again apologize on behalf of the good people left in this city. Each time you say my city should be burnt to the ground then I will be here to say 17 you in return.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
First, next time please consult spell check or maybe a dictionary? Second, you are right Jackson has problems. Anything constructive to add? I didn't think so. As to the heart of the people of Jackson I can promise that despite all the issues you just mentioned there are people here with good hearts full of love that work to make the city a better place each day. So on behalf of the people of Jackson that are trying to make this place better 17 you man. Either start helping or shut the 17 up

The irony here is fantastic. Lucifer has a loving heart and if you don’t, he tells you to 17 yourself

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
The irony here is fantastic. Lucifer has a loving heart and if you don’t, he tells you to 17 yourself
Actually I was just defending my city. Sorry if I got bit over zealous. I have a love for Jackson that 99.9%of people on earth do not share. I will always defend the people here because I work with them each and every day for the betterment of the city. Are we turning everything around? No we are not. That also does not mean we should just give up.

I will make the same offer I have made to the haters of Jackson. Come to South Jackson, yes I said South Jackson, and I will be glad to load anyone up in the old truck. I can take you and show you church leaders that work every day to heal the violence going on the area. I can introduce you to teachers and coaches at the local schools that fight an uphill battle, but they do it because they know it is not about them. I can show you business owners that have fought through the water crisis to provide for the citizens of this area. I can let you meet cops that work these streets everyday even though they are under paid and over worked. Are the leaders corrupt? Yes. Should they be voted out? Yes. Are there people trying to find new leadership? Yes. Is everything going to perfect tomorrow or ever? Probably not. That does not mean we give up on the fight.

catvet

May 11, 2009
Actually I was just defending my city. Sorry if I got bit over zealous. I have a love for Jackson that 99.9%of people on earth do not share. I will always defend the people here because I work with them each and every day for the betterment of the city. Are we turning everything around? No we are not. That also does not mean we should just give up.

I will make the same offer I have made to the haters of Jackson. Come to South Jackson, yes I said South Jackson, and I will be glad to load anyone up in the old truck. I can take you and show you church leaders that work every day to heal the violence going on the area. I can introduce you to teachers and coaches at the local schools that fight an uphill battle, but they do it because they know it is not about them. I can show you business owners that have fought through the water crisis to provide for the citizens of this area. I can let you meet cops that work these streets everyday even though they are under paid and over worked. Are the leaders corrupt? Yes. Should they be voted out? Yes. Are there people trying to find new leadership? Yes. Is everything going to perfect tomorrow or ever? Probably not. That does not mean we give up on the fight.
Enjoy your city. It's an incredible place where not only do police cars get disabled in the potholes, but the potholes go unrepaired for so long that tomato plants actually grow in them.

Tomatoes growing in long-untouched Jackson pothole (wlbt.com)

Oh, and besides being a national laughing stock, you are top 10 in the most dangerous cites in the US. Congrats.

How a state capital became one of the deadliest US cities | CNN

GFY and may Jackson burn to the ground. Sherman didn't finish the job, so the denizens of your city are working hard to complete the task.

Reactions: mstateglfr

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Enjoy your city. It's an incredible place where not only do police cars get disabled in the potholes, but the potholes go unrepaired for so long that tomato plants actually grow in them.

Oh, and besides being a national laughing stock, you are top 10 in the most dangerous cites in the US. Congrats.

GFY and may Jackson burn to the ground. Sherman didn't finish the job, so the denizens of your city are working hard to complete the task.
1674750011288.gif

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022

Again man 17 you. You can throw all the bad statistics and articles you want about Jackson at me. I am offering to show any and everyone the good side of the city, but of course you will not take me up on that.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Haha, ok that was a fantastic response. The visual is gold.
Also, that isnt a pothole, its half the damn street missing!

• Haha
Reactions: onewoof
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login