OT: This probably resonates with the more...mature...members of the pack

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I rather duct tape roller skates to my butt and push myself around before I bought one of those. ********

Reactions: dorndawg

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
This was a real issue that no teenager today can comprehend...
Little known fact... The Jamaican bobsled team placed second at the 91' winter games using the bench seat of an an early 80's Chevy truck. Too bad it was banned before the Olympics or Cool Runnings would be up there with Miracle in sports movies of legendary statuses.

Reactions: She Mate Me

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
Also the top one is the best looking pickup style in history, particularly the single cab SWB.
My uncle just bought a '99 single cab SWB (red) with 20k miles on it. He paid close to $30k but that thing looks and drives like it's brand new. Even smells new.

Reactions: dorndawg

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
This wasn't my truck, but my first vehicle I drove looked identical. Just needs a gun rack in the back glass.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I had a white 94 Chevy regular cab SWB in high school with buckshot mudders. It stayed brown from all the mud on it. I could go anywhere I wanted to.

Reactions: MaxwellSmart

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Wrecked mine that was almost just like it in the 90's. Used Armor All on the seat and took a left turn too fast... Slid to the passenger door and couldn't control the wheel or reach the pedals.
The Armor All on floor mats and / or pedals lesson ALMOST cost me a similar fate.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
This wasn't my truck, but my first vehicle I drove looked identical. Just needs a gun rack in the back glass.

I learned to drive on a '64 Ford with 3 speed on the column. The bonus challenge was this piece (bracket that held the shift lever in place) was broke and completely missing. To shift, I would pick the lever up out of the seat, carefully put in the hole in steering column, try to feel shift patterns, then put it back in seat once in 3rd.

Started driving a little mazda pickup with a 5 speed once I turned 16 and it seemed like a cake walk by comparison.

1692290434394.png

kired

Aug 22, 2008
My granddad had an 84 GMC Sierra that he bought new but almost never drove. It had ~30k miles on it when he died in 95. My grandmother kept it but let me and my dad use it for the next few years - it was our backup vehicle if any of ours were in the shop, or whatever. So still didn't get driven all that much. Gave it back to her when I went off to college, then around 2010 when she got too old to drive she sold it to the guy who'd been doing her maintenance work the last few years.

I could not 17'n believe it. No warning or anything - just up & sold it one day. I'd have paid her twice what he did just to keep it in the family after all that time. 25 years old and had maybe 75k miles on it.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Thought this tread was going to be about the perception of time as you get older and reminded me of a story from a couple years ago.

There was a 50 year reunion of the 1971 recruiting class before one of the games and a point was made that the players we were about to watch would look at them as they, at the time, would have looked at a similar reunion of the .... 1921 recruiting class. Put that way and given I arrived at State in 1974 it was a bit of a HFS moment.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Thought this tread was going to be about the perception of time as you get older and reminded me of a story from a couple years ago.

There was a 50 year reunion of the 1971 recruiting class before one of the games and a point was made that the players we were about to watch would look at them as they, at the time, would have looked at a similar reunion of the .... 1921 recruiting class. Put that way and given I arrived at State in 1974 it was a bit of a HFS moment.

Yeah. It seems that mentally you don't leave your 20's, other than some wisdom/maturity, hopefully, but at some point, you're just "older" all of a sudden. Kinda like driving I-20 West and suddenly realizing you are in Texas but never noticed crossing the state line...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login