OT: This probably resonates with the more...mature...members of the pack

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
My granddad had an 84 GMC Sierra that he bought new but almost never drove. It had ~30k miles on it when he died in 95. My grandmother kept it but let me and my dad use it for the next few years - it was our backup vehicle if any of ours were in the shop, or whatever. So still didn't get driven all that much. Gave it back to her when I went off to college, then around 2010 when she got too old to drive she sold it to the guy who'd been doing her maintenance work the last few years.

I could not 17'n believe it. No warning or anything - just up & sold it one day. I'd have paid her twice what he did just to keep it in the family after all that time. 25 years old and had maybe 75k miles on it.
When my grandfather died about 20 years ago, my uncles sold his '64 Chrysler (maintained in perfect working order) to a stranger for $1,500.
My brother and I almost had aneurysms as they didn't give a single thought to asking anyone in the family if they wanted it.

• Angry
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
My first truck was a 1970 C10 1/2 ton short wheel base with a 350 and a wood bed. Damn it was awesome. Used to park it at Suttle Hall Freshman year. I would get the spot next to the Police spots and never move it.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
With a red interior. When the hell did they quit making red interiors in vehicles?? No wonder the birthrate is plummeting.
And you have to work hard to get a truck with a middle seat instead of a console. Why would someone not want a bench seat in a truck?
this is a great thread. I’m quietly looking for another truck for me/first vehicle for my kids. Will be an older pickup with manual transmission. They’re a few years away from driving, but I want one for fun now.

Reactions: dorndawg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
That was my dream vehicle in high school.
It was the first almost new vehicle I owned. I had a good job, a wife and a small child at the time. Not long after buying the truck I was taking my son and 2-3 of his friends to Chuckie Cheese for his birthday party. One of the little demons throws the truck in reverse while we're going 70 down the road. Miraculously the only damage was two flat spots on the rear tires.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
First truck was a 1972 white F150 long bed with the three speed on the column. It always made this weird chain like noise when you shifted into reverse and the throw on the shifter was at least two feet. All that said I loved that truck.

aspendawg

Sep 10, 2009
Purchased this thing back in 2012 when I was working in Alaska. Had only 103,000 miles on it and I paid 5k for it. Ended up putting a bunch of extras on it and totally regret that I sold it to a terrible woman with a tramp stamp and an ability to suck the happiness out of a room. Was a beast in the snow and off-road in the last frontier... lord knows what I would be able to get for it now. I'm sure she ruined it.

Attachments

• tahoe.jpg
    tahoe.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login