OT - Top Gun: Maverick - I have Questions and Comments

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I am glad I watched Top Gun Maverick on Paramount+ at home and didnt spend money to see it in the theatre.
Its that sort of movie.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I am glad I watched Top Gun Maverick on Paramount+ at home and didnt spend money to see it in the theatre.
It’s that sort of movie.
A couple days ago a friend watched it on Paramount+ and thought the same as you.

I told him he should have seen it in the theatre— TGM has plot holes but at the same time it’s a really good popcorn movie. The theatre experience gives it at least an extra star as far as I’m concerned.

I forget who said earlier that this discussion is essentially an after action report— but that’s a really good analogy (edit to add: @Fritz! made that point)

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Its that sort of movie.
I saw it in one of those ScreenX theaters. The plot was thin, but the action sequences looked pretty amazing on the 3 surrounding screens.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
A couple days ago a friend watched it on Paramount+ and thought the same as you.

I told him he should have seen it in the theatre— TGM has plot holes but at the same time it’s a really good popcorn movie. The theatre experience gives it at least an extra star as far as I’m concerned.

I forget who said earlier that this discussion is essentially an after action report— but that’s a really good analogy (edit to add: @Fritz! made that point)

I wanted to see it in the theater for the sound. It didn’t disappoint.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
That P-51 is Tom's personal Aircraft. He does not own a Corsair.

Otherwise why are you letting insignificant crap bother you. The whole point was that Maverick is the best damn Naval Aviator ever and they had to have the hardest obstacle course to prove that point.

Why didn't the strange football game, replacement for volleyball in Top Gun, not bother you?

As I tell my daughters when they asked me why something happened a certain way in a movie... "It's because it is in the sc

That P-51 is Tom's personal Aircraft. He does not own a Corsair.

Otherwise why are you letting insignificant crap bother you. The whole point was that Maverick is the best damn Naval Aviator ever and they had to have the hardest obstacle course to prove that point.

Why didn't the strange football game, replacement for volleyball in Top Gun, not bother you?

As I tell my daughters when they asked me why something happened a certain way in a movie... "It's because it is in the script".
Good points, my problem was with the way they handled the crew angle. In both movies they were flying two crew planes ( F-14 and F-18). In the original the crews were important. Not so in this one. They had to use two person planes for filming reasons and used the excuse that F-35s we're unavailable for the mission.

docdawg

Mar 22, 2009
The deck was empty, they were tracking all incoming craft. Deck being empty means all of their fighters are already in the air, except for H_ngM_n.
This is Phoenix, Bob, Payback, and Fanboy.......ordered back to the deck......celebrating......with all of them........on the deck.

Attachments

• celebrating.jpg
    celebrating.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 4
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login