OT - Trip Combining Disney/Universal

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
another strategy for this, do character breakfast vs dinners. At least they used to be cheaper, but maybe they’ve jacked the price on those up too. Also can just do one adult vs two attending if you don’t mind doing so.
I think there are also a couple of places that do character meals outside of the park (maybe the contemporary and the dolphin or something?) I've never quite understood paying that much money to go into the park and then spending that much time at a meal rather than out and about in the park. But if the character meals are that magical, I'd certainly try to do it in a way that it's not taking away from park time.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I think there are also a couple of places that do character meals outside of the park (maybe the contemporary and the dolphin or something?) I've never quite understood paying that much money to go into the park and then spending that much time at a meal rather than out and about in the park. But if the character meals are that magical, I'd certainly try to do it in a way that it's not taking away from park time.
If you want your kids to have an opportunity to "meet the characters" a meal works well. There are normally 4 - 6 that will come around during your meal that you can take pictures with, have them sign your book, whatever. Otherwise you stand in the meet & greet lines in the park that may take 15-30 minutes per character.

That's how we always justified them - if we're doing the character meal, we're not going to do any of the meet & greets for someone we already met at breakfast.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
This may seem obvious, but do your Universal/Disney switch at night (preferably after park closing) to maximize your park time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login