OT: TSUN’s Powe arrested for kidnapping in Ridgeland

patdog

May 28, 2007
Damn! He’s a dumb as we all thought after all. Took him to maybe the worst county in the whole state to commit a crime in too.

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
Is it just me, or should you sorta read the article in reverse
“He returned to Ole Miss in 2018 and completed his requirements to earn a degree in criminal justice.”
Powe's high school recruitment was rather controversial when it became known Powe was illiterate
Ridgeland police arrested former Ole Miss football star Jerrel Powe and charged him with kidnapping today.

It would seem that maybe, much like his entire school career, he didn’t pay attention in class, even when he went back to “earn” his degree. Not a good look for the Hahvurd of tha South.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Dude has to be over 40 these days. Hell, he was pushing 30 while playing in HottyTottyVille.

PoweCrayon.jpg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Based on the limited details given, that was not a random crime. Doesn't mean he's not 17ed, but it seems extremely likely from the circumstances that there was some sort of relationship/dealings between them. Can't imagine they took some random dude off the street and walked into a chase branch with him thinking they were going to clean out his account. Maybe I'm overestimating Powe; I know he's not the sharpest crayon in the box but that would be next level.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Hey guys, I've learned something in my day. Don't throw stones. We'll have a guy kidnapping the president wearing a Mike Leach STATE sweatshirt any day now. Karma is a *****.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Powe's degree is in Criminal Justice? Interdasting. I got my CJ degree from OM and always thought the curriculum and other requirements were on the level of a junior college. Most of the instructors would hand out filled-in notes that were basically reworded into qestions for a multiple choice exam. It was a breeze.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
And what an NFL career he had. Four years on a roster, 18 career tackles, one career sack. That’s definitely what people in Mississippi remember him for. 🙄
He could've been a great NFL running back, but he couldn't make the right reads**

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Powe's degree is in Criminal Justice? Interdasting. I got my CJ degree from OM and always thought the curriculum and other requirements were on the level of a junior college. Most of the instructors would hand out filled-in notes that were basically reworded into qestions for a multiple choice exam. It was a breeze.
He could of gotten an online masters and doctorate in Criminal Justice from OM , then at least we could call him Dr. Powe for the next 20 years he spends in jail.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login